• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes, lunch. I may have that soup I made yesterday.

Just noticed that there are big fat snowflakes wafting past the window. I still don't think it'll settle.

Comment

I noticed about an hour ago I felt colder.

That's because the temperature outside is now -1 degrees.

And it is snowing.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh and today's low of -2 degrees is oddly around 8pm....

Comment

The snow is settling on the grass and roofs but not on the ground.

Comment

The hole people are still working.

If they hadn't gone home early the last few weeks they could've skipped off early this week.

Comment

So he went home again, and just after he'd arrived got a phone call from a doctor at the Crayola place, telling him AZ was available at the Sikh gurdwara (which, last week, he was told wasn't doing AZ at all)
              I got a letter from NHS last week and nearest I could book was some way away. Couple days later I got a text message from local surgery re a much closer place. May be why there are so many no shows, people getting multiple messages about jabs at different sites and not bothering to cancel first one.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Zero degrees here, still snowing very lightly but not settling. Might even go for my walk after all

Meanwhile in Rutland, they've had to cancel bin collections as conditions are "deteriorating"

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  I got a letter from NHS last week and nearest I could book was some way away. Couple days later I got a text message from local surgery re a much closer place. May be why there are so many no shows, people getting multiple messages about jabs at different sites and not bothering to cancel first one.
                  Things do seem pretty chaotic. At one point they were trying to suggest my father might have to go to Birmingham, Milton Keynes, or possibly Stevenage. Even with somebody else driving, he'd struggle to cope with a journey that long these days

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Zero degrees here, still snowing very lightly but not settling. Might even go for my walk after all
                    And so I did, even though I was half-joking when I posted that

Walk briskly (14'55"/mile) walked, green ring closed

Dashed chilly out though

Comment

I had a close look (from the window) I have daffodils in bud in my garden.

Comment

Working...
                      X