• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavette was braai'ed
    Boulanger potatoes
    Tomato and onion salad

Trés Francaise

Bon nuit, mes amis.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Just remembered this is on now. Hopefully not much has happened in the first 15 minutes.

This looks good. It'll be on Sky Arts tomorrow at 9pm
      King Rocker (2020) - IMDb
      Very entertaining. I didn't know much about The Prefects and The Nightingales but once I heard a few tunes I realised I was at least aware of some of their music. It was an irreverent look at Robert Lloyd and his career with much swearing and mickey taking throughout. I also happen to like Stewart Lee so that helped.

Mark Kermode did a better review of it than I ever could, starts around 2m25s:
      BBC iPlayer - The Film Review - 05/02/2021

Comment

Tonight's viewing started out harking back to an earlier time, the 1970s to be precise: Annie Hall (1977). I first saw this in the (long since demolished) cinema, and then again on the telly some time in the mid-to-late 1980s, but I don't think I've seen it since then. I believe this was the first time Woody Allen made that film he makes, and that's what it is. It seemed really good at the time, but by now it just felt like an example of what was thought to be clever filmmaking in the 1970s. YMMV

Next up was a shiny new thing from (and Exclusive To) Amazon Prime, to wit Greenland (2020), in which a comet is on course to strike the Earth

Normally we'd send Bruce Willis up there to sort this kind of thing out, but apparently he's too busy making those films where he's prominently displayed on the poster but only shows up for ten minutes or so towards the end, so this time the comet arrives, which makes a change I suppose

Anyway, it's clichéd as all **** but if you want some arrant nonsense then hey, it's Free With Prime and you're locked down so what else are you going to do with that time? Garbage, but free garbage, and it's actually quite entertaining if you've got your critical faculties turned down a bit

But one does want something good after that kind of thing, so although I only watched it fairly recently I rewatched The Accountant (2016) which is one of the best films (of its kind) made in recent years IMHO

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky with white fluffy clouds.

Sunny.

No rain, hail, snow, or murrain of beasts.

So far.

Colder at 15.5 deg.

1008 mBar, 29.766 inHg, 55% RH.

Sunday.

Odd night's sleep probably influenced by "Black Sunday" in some odd way.

Final dream involved carrying a large rifle home with me,, whilst avoiding the plod because I didn't have a rifle case.

It got really strange along the back lane just before I woke up.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

There was snow on the hills further up the valley, there's tidy then, boyo.

Lunch: chicken breast with thick cut bacon and cumberland sausage, yog (uncornered), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Some half hearted potching done.

Tea: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Am Dro on S4C, rather more amusing this week without the obnoxious oik Llyr.

Oak Island nutjobs: end of season: November: the 8 foot diameter can started bringing up infill from previous holes after reaching what might be a void of some sort.

They stopped digging at that point since the danger of a collapse/sinkhole became too great to continue.

In the swamp, the dating has just come back on a piece of wood that was under a rock: 1200 AD.

The rock being part of the man made paved area.

In the war room, the finds cover dates from 1200 AD through 1500 AD to 1800.

"The answers are in the swamp, all we need now are the questions".

Meanwhile they've retrieved a $2 CDN that one of the brothers put down H8 2 years ago turned up in the spoil from the latest hole RF1 which is 10 or more feet away.

So for the next season it's gonna cost $10M+ rather than the $1M+ that it's cost so far.

The Big Dig could take 3 years.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 February 2021, 21:52.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bells on Sunday, as usual.

The Skipping Sikh was interesting.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I listened to a bit of this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w3cszmx7
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning.

No snow just grey sky.

I have to go out in a bit. I will be wrapped up as you need to add about -4 degrees to the temperatures due to the wind.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

IT'S SNOWMAGEDDON! I have personally witnessed about a dozen flakes of snow fall onto my little patio. It may actually be getting more enthusiastic. It's bright out but overcast. Currently 1 degree ('feels like' -3) and that's as warm as it's going to get today. 90% chance of precipitation in the form of snow showers through to early evening. Barometer down to 1005 mBar.

Stayed in bed to listen to BH as I like that programme. Just about to pop a croissant in the oven for breakfast.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  Walt Disney's second animated film 'Pinocchio' premiers in New York 1940
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 7 February 2021, 10:39.

Comment

I have personally witnessed about a dozen flakes of snow
                    I wish they would stop being so woked.

Comment

Morning
                      Light snow
                      king billy
                      Sunday

Comment

Working...
                      X