• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was scrambled eggs on Warburton's malted grain bread.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Inneresting! I stand corrected!

The excuse I was given for not accepting it is obviously not a universal issue.
      They're quite good about recycling round here. We were allowed to mix stuff up - glass, paper, cans and what-have-you all in the same bag - years before other places. Oh, and envelopes with windows were allowed when other places still wouldn't accept them

Comment

All goes in the blue bin, here.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          They're quite good about recycling round here. We were allowed to mix stuff up - glass, paper, cans and what-have-you all in the same bag - years before other places. Oh, and envelopes with windows were allowed when other places still wouldn't accept them
          Do you do food recycling?

I do though lots of people around here don't bother.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I would but I can't. It's only on offer to about 4,000 households in properties that aren't shared (i.e. flats) with space out the front to put the special bin.

Comment

I would but I can't. It's only on offer to about 4,000 households in properties that aren't shared (i.e. flats) with space out the front to put the special bin.
              In other words your council can't be bothered to talk to the other councils, where people also live in flats in an urban environment, to sort out their recycling...

Comment

Would it be uncouth to start on the gin? I have a two hour meeting (the start time of which has been put back by 15 minutes) to walk a stakeholder through requirements they have stalled on signing off for the past three months. They initially wanted category owners to agree they were happy so they could just tick a box. It turned out last week that they now wanted a detailed walkthrough, which I'd offered last year but was told it would be too time consuming.

Comment

Would it be uncouth to start on the gin? I have a two hour meeting (the start time of which has been put back by 15 minutes) to walk a stakeholder through requirements they have stalled on signing off for the past three months. They initially wanted category owners to agree they were happy so they could just tick a box. It turned out last week that they now wanted a detailed walkthrough, which I'd offered last year but was told it would be too time consuming.

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

We don't have it in this neighbourhood, and I'm not sure if they do anywhere in the city. But sometimes they introduce such things gradually in a couple of areas first, to iron out any wrinkles. And it's possible they assume all flat-dwellers just live on pizza and ready meals so there's no point introducing it here

Comment

As the afternoon is dry and a quite mild 10°C, and even showing a few patches of blue sky, the walk has been briskly walked and the green ring closed

Comment

Working...
                      X