• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roast pork dinner for tea, and extremely nice it was

Good crackling too

Comment

Back on Bron/Broen tonight with S4E1 and S4E2

It's raining steadily outside now, and according to the weather app will continue to do so through the night, possibly having a little break in the morning before resuming for the rest of tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          things are better with an egg on top.

Eggontop's good food guide says so
          Total nonsense. Things are better with ketchup on top. As proved, conclusively, in KetchupOnTop's good food guide.

It also makes it clear that disagreeing is a banable offence.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but quite bright. The ground is damp from overnight rain. It's 9 degrees at the moment, forecast high of 12. The sun is expected to make an appearance before the clouds come back and rain resumes early evening. Barometer steady at 994 mBar.

I forgot to report the trundling of bins last night, which have been collected.

Slept better last night, very heavy though so was still tired on waking and had an extra 20 mins snooze time.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            Egyptian archaeologists discover a Pharonic tomb containing 50 mummies dating back to 323-30 BC in Cairo, Egypt 2019

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Drizzly.

Damp.

Sunless.

The weather's unborked itself.

Cool at 15.8 deg in here.

993 mBar, 29.32 inHg, 54% RH.

Tuesday.

<hiatus>

TV Times purchased.

Walk walked.

It thought about raining but changed its mind.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Dunno what to do this afternoon, it's not very inviting out there.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 92%, running average 84% (83.64ish).

Very dark out there.

Took a look in the tinshed, water still blowing in around the door.

Garage: rather drier than lately, the internal guttering not collecting a lot overnight.

Next door's shed: very damp. Potched about sorting various bits of antique electrical plugs & sockets (round pin, 5A & 15A), assorted bits of wire sorted, door locks & brass door knobs sorted.

It eventually got so dark in there and so cold & draughty that I gave up and came back into the house.

<hiatus during which I read more of the current book>

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Due to operator inattention the haddock was rather darker on one side than the other.

Entertainment: Thing about tanks on PBS.

Bad Skin Clinic on Quest Red at 22:00:

A welsh woman with bad skin on hands & feet with yellow pustules, destroyed nails on feet: palmoplantar pustulosis.

Ooops: stop smoking. Oh dear (tm).

And change the beta blocker she's on.

Chemophototherapy: tablet and UV light to hands & feet.

Treatment in Cardiff. There's tidy then.

PUVA treatment.

Take tablet 2 hours before exposure & wear sunglasses until the sun goes down.

Hasn't stopped smoking, the beta blocker stopped.

Next a woman with a bump on her head.

Pilar cyst: this may be fun.

Yup. It burst & ejaculated.

Now a lady with a red rash.

She's had a heart transplant at 9, followed by Burkitt's lymphoma.

Rash comes & goes, skin is "sandpapery".

Blood tests & biopsies.

Punch biopsy.

Mycosis fungoides.

Creams, possible UV treatment.

Now a lady from last year who had terrible acne.

Switch the laser on Mungo, more power!
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 February 2021, 22:59.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning
                CBSwFB this fine Tuesday morning

Comment

Morning.

The sky is blue but the ground is wet.

Today's high is 13 degrees and it is currently 12 degrees. Rain is forecasted which explains why it is so warm.

Just shredded a lot of documents with my cross cutting shredder.

The hole people are suppose to finish today but due to the amount of slacking they have done I don't think so.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out and still damp from last night's rain, though that hasn't carried on as forecast. Officially it's "foggy" out (though it isn't in any meaningful sense) and the rain will be back at teatime. Currently 8°C and rising to 10° later, with barometric pressures of 982/989mB

Comment

The sun is currently 'out' as forecast.

My back hurts. I think I really need to get a new chair. Better posture generally would probably also help.

Comment

Working...
                      X