• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I smell coffee brewing in the kitchen. That's great as I started this call at 08:30 it's a haul through multiple calls to lunchtime.

I've also been reminded that there's grapefruit waiting to be eaten.

Comment

I didn't notice any break in R4 here. Still the same old drivel being issued.

Hopefully my local transmitter will have its maintenance window at about the time The Archers comes on.

Comment

Morning

Cold this morning but not as cold as yesterday.

Robot gas main repairers turned up at 6.57am again.

I need to go and pick up the prescription I sorted out yesterday.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

When I first started contracting 10 years ago I bought a leather messenger type laptop bag, today it’s officially retired as its replacement has come

Not that I’ve gone anywhere near a clients office in 10 months
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Brisk walk around the corner to the post box. Chilly out and no sign of any sort of snow/frost.

Comment

Morning denizens

The wet but warmer weather is taking its time getting here, but is apparently due Real Soon Now. But for the moment it's grey, still dry so far, 3°C and 1005/1012mB

Still a fair bit of snow on the ground in the areas that still had it last night, but the rain should wash all that away. Looks like it'll get even warmer overnight with 6° forecast by sunrise tomorrow, so that should prevent any ice problems. I might even get out for a walk later if the showers are sufficiently intermittent

Oh, wait: looking outside, there seems to have been a shower some time in the last twenty minutes. So it begins…

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                Good choice! I'm about halfway through S2 at the moment (for the first time). Gripping stuff.
                Yes, it's good stuff

Comment

Lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

We don't seem to be getting as much rain as anticipated, and according to the weather radar what there is has mostly passed over already, with maybe some scattered showers trailing behind

Comment

Quentin Crisp famously argued that there was no point in dusting, because after three years the dust didn't get any thicker. Having just cleaned the kitchen window ledge for possibly the first time since I moved here, and certainly in over ten years, I can confirm the truth of this; but I would also suggest that, if you want to repeat the experiment, you don't do so in a room where a deep fat fryer is in regular use

But the Pink Stuff came to the rescue! You're not supposed to use it on painted woodwork, but nothing else was going to work, and it didn't seem to do any harm except at one end where there was a patch of paint that was already breaking down. I suspect a previous tenant may have rested something hot there. Anyway, it's only a bit of flaking top coat come off, and given the generally shoddy state of the paintwork it doesn't really matter; if anything, it's smoothed it down

Comment

Not sure I could cope with not dusting for three years. I don't dust all that often, just usually before the parentals visit or when I am sufficiently disgusted with my slovenly ways.

Comment

Working...
                      X