• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    When are you going to tell Smeggers that you are really Simon Dolan?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      No trundling for me last night or today. If you recall, I trundled forth the recycling bin the other day because it was already full, and when I checked the replacement yesterday it was still empty. So I didn't have to bother
      You should have trundled anyway. The residents association shall hear of this...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Afternoon.

Though I was awake early this morning.

Is it daylight yet?
        Not on my planet. I call it planet SAD....

Comment

Lunch was re-heated leftovers from last night. Pasta with chirizo sausage.

Cleaner has cleaned.

Comment

Her Meghanness gets deal with netflix. netflix increases prices. co-incidence?

Comment

Lunch has been zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with a thick bit of multiseed bread. Nutritious and very warming on this rather bleak day

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                got plenty of bacofoil to make hats with brillo?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Think I'll stop my membership anyway, never anything worth watching apart from SpongeBob SquarePants.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Think I'll stop my membership anyway, never anything worth watching apart from SpongeBob SquarePants.
                    But that is good....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I took my life in my hands and went to Sainsbury's

Partly because of stuff I'd forgotten, but also because some stuff simply doesn't appear for sale on the online shopping thing (in-store bakery wholemeal loaves and Viz Comic being two notable ones), and I wanted to get either a Big Chicken or a shoulder of lamb after being let down on the former with the recent delivery.

It wasn't too bad; the traffic was comparatively light for this time on a Friday, particularly during the January sales, though the roads weren't as deserted as last March/April. In store, I didn't see anyone without a mask (though I don't look too closely at other shoppers, regarding them mainly as obstacles to navigate around). And if I got too close to others, such as when unexpectedly encountering people as one rounded the corner of an aisle, they (and I) tended to shy away like a startled mustang rather than charging blithely on. And it wasn't anything like as busy as usual, though still fairly busy.

Very slim pickings in fresh fruit and veg, with nary a carrot in the entire place and many other species also completely absent, but I didn't notice gaps on the shelves anywhere else this time.

Most importantly: I managed to get a Big Chicken and a shoulder of lamb, both with good lead times on their use-by dates, so I will soon once again have life-threatening quantities of various soups; and the new Viz was also in stock

Comment

Working...
                      X