• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tier 4 here from midnight. As we've been in a similar situation for most of the year, it doesn't really feel like a significant change

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Yesterday's laundry has been put away

And the recycling bin was full so that was taken for a festive trundle, as collection is a day early again this week.
      We were a day early last week. A day late this week.

Last Sunday I booked a slot at the dump to clear everything out...

Comment

Took the car for a drive to Heathrow and back to charge the battery. Had a shifty at the drive through test center they've got in what was the N4 staff car park. About 4 cars there and lots of bored (and probably cold) people hanging about to direct the hoards that didn't exist.

On the way back we stopped in Chelsea and popped into a few shops for cheeses and meats. Picked up some lovely ox cheek and bavette steak. Apparently the ox cheek will become a rendang; one of my favourite dishes.

I then abandoned HWMBO at Sainsbury's to get the last few bits while I drove home, unpacked the shopping and made an apple and rhubarb eve's pudding.

HWMBO has made me a Christmas daiquiri, and it's delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          We were a day early last week. A day late this week.

Last Sunday I booked a slot at the dump to clear everything out...
          2 days late this week.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Just watched a thing on My5 about the disappearance of Suzy Lamplugh. Turns out the Met screwed it up big time, as usual

Comment

Deciding whether to watch The Floor is Lava.

Mmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Just watched a thing on My5 about the disappearance of Suzy Lamplugh. Turns out the Met screwed it up big time, as usual
                  Sad but true. Like Stephen Lawrence(I lived very near where he died when he died). The police were racist - but also incompetent. That had this scheme at the time to rotate officers between departments every 3 years!

Still I am sure they catch their correct quota of speeding motorists.

Comment

Big shout out for today's sky movie premiere - redemption. Very unusual when neither Ms BP or I can predict what will happen next. Very well written, acted and very atmospheric. Edge of seat stuff for us!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Sad but true. Like Stephen Lawrence(I lived very near where he died when he died). The police were racist - but also incompetent. That had this scheme at the time to rotate officers between departments every 3 years!

Still I am sure they catch their correct quota of speeding motorists.
                      They don't even do that - that's what speed cameras are for....

Comment

Working...
                      X