• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dull, overcast, damp out. Currently 12 degrees and it'll edge up to 13 later. Not currently raining but rain will feature throughout the day and there's thunderstorms in the 10 and 11 o'clock hours! I bet they won't show up. Barometer down to 1006 mBar.

First coffee being guzzled.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Vincent van Gogh cuts off part of his earlobe 1888

Comment

Wot's this 'ere?

Morning.

Dry (as in it's not raining yet).

Blue sky in parts.

Black sky in other parts.

White fluffy cloud across the valley. There's tidy then.

Sunny in parts, unsunny in other parts.

Warmish at 16.3 deg in here.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, and 61% RH.

Wednesday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked, half in the dry, half in drizzle.

Shopping trip to Wilko done, half in drizzle (with umbrella), half in rain (sans umbrella).

Enough bird food to keep the little vultures happy until about February.

Once I've recovered I may make a trip to Morrisons in the rain (with umbrella).

Afternoon entertainment: Old Stone Face in "The Desperadoes (1943)" at 13: 15ish.

Neck is now complaining about the 5kg of birdseed and the 100 (2x50) fatballs I carried home.

<hiatus>

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Still raining.

<hiatus>

Well that was a bit odd: Old Stone Face smiled quite a lot in that one.

It was curiously disturbing.

He didn't get the girl either, Glenn Ford did.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 86% (eventually).

Tea: the last of the roast beef with carrots & onions, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Tudur Own's TV Flashback. Quite amusing. There was even a bit about Neath in it.

Ghosts: The ghost of Xmas BBC1 20:30.

"Ghosts" was rather good.

I failed to find anything that spurred the desire to watch, so read yet more of "Never had it so good" though that has palled a bit too.

Got through the chapters looking at TV in tthe 50s & 60s, and finished the chapter on "I'm all right Jack" about the unions, management & the government thereof.

Tomorrow's "Lawless Street" with Old Stone Face is on at 06:00 which is a bit too early & I can't be arsed to record it.

TFBSZ.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 December 2020, 23:06. Reason: 1943 not 1944, with a the and es.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and rainy out, though the weather app has got its thing about "fog" going on again; 7°C, and 1005 or 994mB on the barometer, depending on whether you adjust for sea level or not

Feeling less like I have a temperature today, thought my back on the right side is also playing up a little; some you win, etc. Haven't checked temperature, O2 and so on yet. No word on test results yet

Comment

Morning.

Rain rain go away
          Don't bother coming back another day....

Today high is 13 and there maybe thunder and lightning, which is very very frightening, around noon.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

morning
            wet
            grey
            soggy
            and the weather's similar.
            addled one being decanted from Hospital to a different care home today.
            fingers crossed this one will provide better care.

EDIT:

oh, no she isn't!
            FFS, social services, pissup, brewery, anyone?
            AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Last edited by BR14; 23 December 2020, 12:12.

Comment

As expected, the forecast thunderstorms didn't materialise and have gone away.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                As expected, the forecast thunderstorms didn't materialise and have gone away.
                how could they go away, if they were never there?
                is this a Zen thing?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  how could they go away, if they were never there?
                  is this a Zen thing?
                  Maybe they were there, just hiding?

Comment

Lunch is two slices of cheese on toast, using the end slices - the best bit for cheesy toast IMO

Comment

Lunch: roast beef bap (wholemeal)

Still gloomy out, though I think there's a brief pause in the rain. Temperature roughly OK, O2 99%. Sainsbury's delivery due 4-5pm. No test results yet

Apple have released an iOS update (12.5) that adds the exposure Notifications API used by the NHS Contact Tracing app to my old iPhone 6

The NHS seem not to have been prepared for this eventuality, as their app requires iOS 13.5

Currently trying not to lose my rag with the people on the @NHSCOVID19app Twitter account, as it's not their fault if all they have is a set of completely irrelevant canned responses and no knowledge of the underlying technologies

If no joy from them despite my attempts to explain the situation in simple terms, I might go so far as to contact a tech journalist to get a bit of a fuss kicked up. It's not as if the app developers are going away for Christmas…

Comment

Working...
                      X