• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    You need to eat to keep your strength up!

Are you tasting things ok?
    Yes, that's fine, as is the sense of smell. I've got one of those "Angry Mama" things for helping clean the microwave: you put a load of vinegar and water in it and do it on full power for five minutes, and the vinegary steam really helps with scrubbing off caked-on stuff afterwards. But now it's half-an-hour later, I'm in the living room with the door shut, and I can still smell the vinegar

I haven't decided what to have, but there's a good selection of stuff in the freezer that only takes minimal effort to prepare. And I haven't lost my appetite either. I just didn't fancy spending ages dicing chicken thighs and so on

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I reckon it's just a bit of a cold, but I could do with getting some shopping done tomorrow or Thursday and there's no delivery slots by now, so it's better to know that it is indeed just a cold before venturing into the supermarkets
      Just got a Sainsbury's delivery slot for tomorrow!

The first one I tried to grab was already taken by the time I clicked on it. I'd only hesitated for about ten seconds!

Comment

Lots of telly watched this evening

Only Connect
        Have I Got News For You 2020 round up
        Mock the Week Christmas special
        University Challenge Christmas special

I was saddened to see, when I looked at the clock earlier, that it was only 8.30 pm and not bed time.

HWMBO forgot to post down my Christmas card and has now decided not to bother but will bring it with him instead. There does seem to be a notable lack of post boxes around his side of town, which does make posting anything a bit of a faff.

Comment

Sainsbury's order done. If I get the all clear from the test tomorrow, I'l only have to go to M&S - their pigs in blankets are, I reckon, a bit nicer than the Sainsbury's ones, so the latter will end up being guzzled as snacks rather than having pride of place at Christmas dinner

Now that's done, I suppose I'd better work out what I'm having for tea

Comment

Yes, that's fine, as is the sense of smell
            Never had a strong sense of smell. Maybe I was born with this C* thing. Anyway, hope yer's ok Fizzy Knickers.

Waiting for a USB stick from a bloke in the US with 8500 songs on it. Only know him through the net but I published his book on Amazon some while ago.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 22 December 2020, 21:35.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Never had a strong sense of smell. Maybe I was born with this C* thing. Anyway, hope yer's ok Fizzy Knickers.
              Thanks xog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Now that's done, I suppose I'd better work out what I'm having for tea
                It turned out to be Cumberland sausages, chips and beans, and very tasty it all was

You don't often see a proper Cumberland ring these days though. I think M&S used to do them, but they haven't for many a year, or not that I've seen

Comment

Got a text message from my practice about being on the list for vaccine. Let's hope that the new strain hasn't deprecated it's efficiency...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    Got a text message from my practice about being on the list for vaccine. Let's hope that the new strain hasn't deprecated it's efficiency...

Comment

More of The Sopranos tonight: S6AE6 Live Free or Die (TV Episode 2006), and S6AE7 Luxury Lounge (TV Episode 2006), the latter being the one with Ben Kingsley and Lauren Bacall

The thermometer is still ambivalent on the question of whether I actually have a temperature or not; the pulse oximeter is showing a steady 99%. Still got a slight headache, but generally I think I'm a little better than I was last night

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X