• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Everything gets lighter from here - I wouldn't be saying everything gets better - Mrs Eek has just watched soldiers panic buying food and toilet rolls in Tescos Catterick when she went to get a pint of milk on the way to the office.
    Pedant

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary

Drizzly.

Dire.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warmish in here at 16.9 deg.

1001 mBar, 29.56 inHg, 60% RH.

Monday.

Awake at 05:30 :suicide but managed to doze through until 08:38.

Scamming bastard phonecall at 07:31, and another at 09:10.

Telex machine now glowing in the ultraviolet.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 92%. That's better.

It'll need to be 92% of 60 plays to make up for yesterday.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast (not very thick crust), bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Afternoon Entertainment: "Santa Fe (1951)" with Old Stone Face again, (not to be confused with "Santa Fe Trail (1940)" with old Errol "In Like" Flynn, of which I have the requisite two dvds).

It's all about the building of the Santa Fe Railroad just after the Civil War.

Old Stone Face is a Johnny Reb, which suits his accent.

<hiatus>

That was amusing enough.

Now we're on to "Nothing to Declare" being the Oz customs thing.

12 kg of Heroin in a container of frozen fish.

It was in the final 3 boxes at the front of the container, took 5 hours to find it.

<hiatus>

Got bored with that so now the next batch of chilli con carne is festering on the stove.

Tea (shortly): more of yesterday's roast beef, mince pie & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

And very nice it was, the small sample of chilli seemed suitably ferocious.

Entertainment: TBD.

Caught the last 20 minutes of DS9 "Past Tense, Part II" (on Pick) which is rather a favourite.

Now: C. Dickens & the invention of Xmas on BBC4.

Not stunningly inneresting, maybe I'm just scrooged out.

Surfing the web for "Past Tense, Part II" is more gripping.

Filthy Britain, 5*, 21:00.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 December 2020, 20:26.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bonjour mes amis, bizarre

Korean Food weekend it was - every meal since Friday night - I think that I have used half my kosher salt stash & at least 5 heads of garlice. No Vampire Weekend.

Orifice again this morning for some testing. High Street pretty much all closed up - I never knew that Estate Agents qualified as "essential services" but 2 of them were open by 08h30...

@ladymuck - piccies of the console table, particularly if it is G-Plan!
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          @ladymuck - piccies of the console table, particularly if it is G-Plan!
          Sadly not G-Plan, that side of the room has white furniture but I'll tidy up and take a piccie

Here you go!
          https://i.imgur.com/E52f1Es.jpg
          Last edited by ladymuck; 21 December 2020, 09:46.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Sadly not G-Plan, that side of the room has white furniture but I'll tidy up and take a piccie

Here you go!
            https://i.imgur.com/E52f1Es.jpg
            Ooh. I like that, and the fact that it doubles up as a liquid refreshment holder, too.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning denizens

A happy Winter Solstice to you all!

Grey out, and currently raining

Temperature is a mere 8°C but forecast to get to 12°C later, pressure is 992mB (unadjusted for altitude).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                Ooh. I like that, and the fact that it doubles up as a liquid refreshment holder, too.
                That was the most important criteria! Needed that shelf on the bottom

Found a couple of modular wine racks which fit perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  That was the most important criteria! Needed that shelf on the bottom

Found a couple of modular wine racks which fit perfectly.
                  That reminds me. Where is my Waitrose wine order from last weekend.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

That reminds me. Where is my Waitrose wine order from last weekend.
                    Will arrive by 22nd December looking at the confirmation they sent - so hopefully by Christmas

Not that I need the wine as we still have 5 bottles of the stuff but it was £10 a bottle last week and it's now back to £16.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Will arrive by 22nd December looking at the confirmation they sent - so hopefully by Christmas

Not that I need the wine as we still have 5 bottles of the stuff but it was £10 a bottle last week and it's now back to £16.
                      5 bottles??

INKSPE

AYCOTBAC

Comment

Working...
                      X