• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Morning.

Last working day of the year and the sky is now grey. That's because the ground is wet due to the heavy rain that is now not flowing.

Listening in O'Brien where someone points out that someone with high blood pressure would fall into the vulnerable group but most people with high blood pressure don't know they have it....

I think I will post something in General to see if I can trigger a poster. I need to wait for a decent News flash.
    Not another DOOM thread!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Maybe General is now full of intelligent people now and there is no-one to upset you....

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Not another DOOM thread!
        You don't have to read it!
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch is Heinz Scotch Broth which is disappointly insipid and I'm trying to pep it up a bit.

Comment

No lunch yet as I'm away trying to optimise TPD on the new forum. I've even dragged out my old copy of High Performance MySQL to look for ideas

But now I need to go shopping, so I'll grab something to eat while doing that

Comment

It would seem that the email alert from Parcel Force about an impending delivery was a classic bit of misdirection.

Yes a delivery was imminent, just not to my flat. The company sending it to my local store for collection decided to sign me up to alerts about its delivery from their warehouse to their store. Not a bad thing. It's just that Parcel Force don't know this and so can't exactly adjust the wording of their standard email.

I now don't know if I can turn up at the store any time to collect it or if I have to wait for an email to tell me it's ready for collection. Maybe they have a check in process to follow or summat

Comment

Kantar, the people who run the Royal Mail post survey, have sent out 2021 diaries to all us panellists.

It contains an interesting fact for each day of the year, so I may bore everyone with a fact each day as my New Year's resolution.

Today's fact is:
                Australia regains the Ashes against England, winning by an innings to take 3 game lead at the Wacca, Perth 2017

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  No lunch yet as I'm away trying to optimise TPD on the new forum. I've even dragged out my old copy of High Performance MySQL to look for ideas
                  There should be a walking thread, I could flog CUK my mappy thing.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Shopping done; quite a bit busier than usual for a Friday afternoon, but I survived

I didn't realise until I'd got my SmartShop ray gun that the trolley I'd grabbed didn't have a holder for it. One more thing to check for on the way in

Various things considered appropriate to the season of the year have been bought; at some point I'll have to work out what else I need so I can get it on my final pre-Yule trip next week.

For lunch: some mini Melton Mowbray pork pies

Comment

The presents I have are all wrapped. Waiting on one more to arrive so I can post a parcel of goodies to HWMBO for him and the bairns. Worst case, the eldest gets nothing and has to wait until the new year. I am vexed as I ordered it on 8 Dec and had to chase this week. Was told it would be posted Wednesday. I was hoping to do parcel sending tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X