• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NickFitz Posts 34,992
    BrilloPad Posts 34,816

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, a bit soggy round the edges from overnight rain; 12°C and predicts to reach 13°, 996mB (or hPa if you prefer), 1006mB adjusted for height above sea level (I think)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Morning denizens

Grey day out, a bit soggy round the edges from overnight rain; 12°C and predicts to reach 13°, 996mB (or hPa if you prefer), 1006mB adjusted for height above sea level (I think)
        We tell LM its rain.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Are you going to tell me what HWMBO(O=oppressed) and your good self are doing for Christmas? Or do I have to read the last 20 pages of tpd....
          I don't believe I have shared the details so no need for that.

HWMBO is arriving on the 29th and current plans are for him to stay until the 10th. There is a risk he may have to leave earlier for childcare if issues with his ex's Dad's health require it. He's ordered 15 bottles of wine to be delivered to me next week as the 13 bottles of red, 6 bottles of white, and 7 bottles of fizz I currently have weren't considered sufficient. Not sure what his menu plans are at the moment. I've ordered in a duck and acquired a guinea fowl.

I am on my own on Christmas Day and am billing for it

I am planning to visit the parentals/brother+fam on Boxing Day as tomorrow's planned visit is now 'illegal'. Part of me wants to post their presents down and stay in bed.

What are your plans?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Mrs BP got her Christmas present. No not another potato peeler!

She had 3 paintings painted by her great-great-great-aunt. 150 years old.

I paid to get them restored. £1610.

Then made MrsBP put a Facebook post saying what I did! I got lots of nice comments.

Including from Churchill and CailinMaith! They are both great!
            That's a lovely gift. Did you take them to The Repair Shop? I hope you feature in the Christmas special

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              oh, and...........
              Morning all
              grey and damp in soggy sarf herts.
              friday (not that it matters now)
              Every day is Sunday for the forseeable (at least, that's what my Dad says). He only knows what day Monday is because of his guitar lessons.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I am on my own on Christmas Day and am billing for it

I am planning to visit the parentals/brother+fam on Boxing Day as tomorrow's planned visit is now 'illegal'. Part of me wants to post their presents down and stay in bed.
                I think you should be selfless, not visit and go to post their presents today. This will ensure you don't spread the virus from London after all you have been to a few shops.....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I think you should be selfless, not visit and go to post their presents today. This will ensure you don't spread the virus from London after all you have been to a few shops.....
                  You don't know just how tempting that is! My brother+fam will be fine but the parentals seem to want a visit.

Comment

Morning.

Last working day of the year and the sky is now grey. That's because the ground is wet due to the heavy rain that is now not flowing.

Listening in O'Brien where someone points out that someone with high blood pressure would fall into the vulnerable group but most people with high blood pressure don't know they have it....

I think I will post something in General to see if I can trigger a poster. I need to wait for a decent News flash.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      You don't know just how tempting that is! My brother+fam will be fine but the parentals seem to want a visit.
                      The advice from all the health professors is not to see elderly relations now but wait until they have had their 2 vaccinations so you don't risk killing them off.

Only thing is then you would have to spend 3 days with them in June to make up for not seeing them now.

Comment

Working...
                      X