• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Sunny at the moment. I suspect it was a bit gloomy to start with, but having the curtains tightly closed and being half-asleep at best means I'm not certain about that

Only 7°C at the moment, expected to reach 9° later. The barometer app on my phone is reporting 993mB, the other barometer app is reporting 993hPa, while the weather app is reporting 1003hPa (which may well equate to 1003mB for all I know). So I have no idea what the true pressure is

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Back is complaining mightily at the moment so I suspect potching is off the menu for today.

The Back will recover when it starts raining again.
      My lower right back is still playing up a bit while the rest maintains a low-level grumbling, so you have my sympathies

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Morning denizens

Sunny at the moment. I suspect it was a bit gloomy to start with, but having the curtains tightly closed and being half-asleep at best means I'm not certain about that

Only 7°C at the moment, expected to reach 9° later. The barometer app on my phone is reporting 993mB, the other barometer app is reporting 993hPa, while the weather app is reporting 1003hPa (which may well equate to 1003mB for all I know). So I have no idea what the true pressure is
        I do believe that hPa = mBar.

Convert hpa to mbar - Conversion of Measurement Units

That's assuming the random conversion site I found on the interwebnet is correct.

EDIT: Maybe this is a more authoritative source (same answer though)
        How we measure atmospheric pressure - Met Office
        Last edited by ladymuck; 15 December 2020, 10:15.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I do believe that hPa = mBar.

Convert hpa to mbar - Conversion of Measurement Units

That's assuming the random conversion site I found on the interwebnet is correct.

EDIT: Maybe this is a more authoritative source (same answer though)
          How we measure atmospheric pressure - Met Office
          It's that Windscale/Sellafield thing again isn't it? Millibars got a bad name for some reason, so they change the name to hectopascal and carry on like before

Comment

It's that Windscale/Sellafield thing again isn't it? Millibars got a bad name for some reason, so they change the name to hectopascal and carry on like before
            Hectopascal sounds more like an SI unit too

Comment

My lower right back is still playing up a bit while the rest maintains a low-level grumbling, so you have my sympathies

Pleasing post number.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

The walk earlier started a bit wet and wild, but turned sunny.

Having a few issues here related to CPU and operating system causing memory leaks, components running hot and not shutting down properly.
                This may require a bit of work to get sorted.

Wish me luck.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'd forgotten I got some Greggs steak bakes from Iceland the other week until I noticed the box in the freezer beneath something else last night. So lunch has been one of those, and very nice it was

Comment

The final hot dog has been eaten.

Breakfast was some marmite on toast.

I'm a bit bored and uninspired yet have a rather long to-do list to deal with for work.

Comment

*tap tap*

Starting to turn chilly out there, I reckon; the official word is 8°C at the moment… ah, hang on, according to the weather app it'll start to cloud over soon and won't drop further than 7°, climbing back up to 8° a couple of hours before dawn. So maybe not as bad as it seemed it might become

Comment

Working...
                      X