• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Yes, it's shocking the attitudes towards women among the police, and in wider society, back then. There's been a thing going around Twitter recently about how people say "Divorce didn't happen so much in the good old days" pointing out that it was almost impossible for a married woman to open a bank account in her own name before 1975. And AIUI a single woman usually had to have a bloke such as a father to act as guarantor before they could do so in those days. I assume famous women of the 1960s like, I dunno, Twiggy for example had to have their fathers or managers as co-signatories on their bank accounts despite being well rich on their own account
    Before 1969 divorces had to go to the RCJ on the strand.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Posting every 4 days reduces the risk
      So does sucking up to the mods. Which is no fun.

Good to see that general iks still full of f**ktards. Apart from MondayLinks.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        It's not a patch on the 1949 version.

WTF is this subplot about the red box.
        well, i wasn't alive in 1949.
        and it's entertaining me very well, thanks.
        when did all this all pervasive misery and negativity descend on this forum?
        have aTw and SE spread a virus?

Comment

Pity they missed the bit about the 10 bob notes.

Odd how everyone hates the revenuers.

"They" blew up the SS Politician to make sure no more of the whisky could be recovered.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 December 2020, 20:32.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Posting every 4 days reduces the risk
            quite.
            maybe you should try it.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              quite.
              maybe you should try it.
              Meow
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Much combustion was made in the firepit today. Visitors were outdoors and kept warm and/or smoked. Visited Ye Olde Motorcycle Workshop to find that one of the friends has the Big C.

Born to be Alive [emoji1787]
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    In the Chinese
                    Very nice as always

Though my tongue is reminding me why I don't often order the beef in black pepper sauce

And I took a long way there, so the green ring was closed too

At one point I took a detour through an area where there's a road of between-war semis, many of them now with Christmas lights and/or trees in their windows. I was just thinking how different in character it is to the terraced streets round my way, when I passed a police car parked at the curb and, looking up the drive at the next house, saw a policewoman coming out the front door with what appeared to be equipment from a cannabis farm. So not that different after all

Comment

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X