• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There being an insufficient supply of the Valhalla stuff until the powers that be deign to release more, it was back to Bron/Broen tonight, to wit, S1E1 (TV Episode 2013) and S1E2 (TV Episode 2013)

Been raining fairly steadily, but its easing off now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dull and wet but not actively precipitating at this moment. It's a balmy 9 degrees at the moment and will claw its way to 10 later. The sun may make an appearance but its mostly going to remain cloudly. Low chance of rain. Barometer down to 986 mBar.

First coffee made and awaiting its fate.

It's Christmas jumper day today. So I am wearing one of the two I own. We have a Christmas quiz this afternoon between us consultancy sorts and the client. I need to find a good 'bah humbug' Teams background.
      Last edited by ladymuck; 11 December 2020, 09:35. Reason: typos!

Comment

Morning all

TFIF, etc.
        Grey and murky out, but no rain on the 6km walk.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Watched MasterChef. Very pleased that Santosh got through.

Spoiler alert!

We didn't watch it last night, saving it for tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Volunteering on Ashdown Forest today. I forgot all about it until 5 minutes before I was supposed to meet up at the car park. Fortunately managed to spot the others after wandering around for about 20 minutes. Yet another cockup day.

Keep an eye out for the Crowborough Giraffes, and if you see any, let Baskerville know.

Comment

It's Friday, I'm in Love...
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Warmer at 15.8 deg in here.

985 mBar and 60% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM, should be ready for the TD about now.

<hiatus>

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

It's not looking promising from a walk point of view at the moment.

<hiatus>

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

<hiatus>

Walk walked wherein it rained upon me.

Shirts out of the TD and roughly ironed as best as I can.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, Tesco lattice top mince pie, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The overwhelming greyness has lifted slightly and an occasional beam of wan sunlight has shone here & there.

<hiatus>

Cottons out of the TD & airing on the banisters.

More potching achieved on the tin shed, increasingly raising the question of why I'm bothering. (it's sommat to do is the answer).

Afternoon entertainment: Trucking Hell.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Walking Britain's Lost Railways: Cotswolds on 5.

Neil Brand's sound of TV on BBC4.

Cornwall's most scenic railways on 5+1.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 December 2020, 19:34.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Spoiler alert!

We didn't watch it last night, saving it for tonight or tomorrow.
                  Sorry!

Comment

Teams background for the Christmas quiz sourced and tested.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out, 8°C, but everywhere still looks very damp after the rain overnight. Apparently there's a small chance of further showers for the next hour or two, but other than that the rest of the day will remain much the same

Should have been heading off somewhere for the CUK Xmas Do today, probably; this time last year I was preparing to travel to Manchester

Comment

Working...
                      X