• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Don't count on it! We got a few days of being allowed to meet in people's gardens, then back into lockdown where we seem to have remained ever since
    The review is on 16 December so I'm going out for meals until they stop us.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The chicken & barley soup has moved on to phase two

Comment

Something to watch on a quiet Sunday evening: a webcam positioned at Lee Harvey Oswald's shooting position in the Book Depository in Dallas

EarthCam - Dealey Plaza Cam

Comment

Watching Small Axe - Red, White and Blue.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tea: Heinz leek & potato soup, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "The spy with my face (1965)", feature length ep of The Man From Uncle.

Amusing enough if you ignore the goofs.

10 minutes of the Chateau thing with Dick Strawbridge and his lovely () wife.

Now: The Oak Island nutjobs.

They've washed a lot of the crap off the paved area in the swamp.

Now they're in the war room reviewing the stuff they saw at the fort last week & comparing with the paved area.

Next: Gary metal detecting in the swamp.

Expert says the swamp isn't natural (as in glacial till) it's man made.

Dr Spooner finds a stick to give a date.

Gary's doing his thing with the spoil.

I love the way they jump down into unsupported holes.

Meanwhile, back at The Money Pit drill site they're stepping away from Shaft 2, towards where they think the Money Pit is.

Back to the Dartmouth museum to have a look for the 90 foot stone of ancient legend.

And digging up someone's lawn begins.

Back with Gary they find an old pickaxe.

Gary reckons it's a tunneling pickaxe.

Next they find an old spade.

At the museum they've dug a big feck off hole, exposed A Lot of Rocks and found: nothing.

Back at the war room, reviewing the chunk of wood from the drilling: dates to 1626 to 1680.

The 1680 date correlates with a date for The Eye of the Swamp.

Next week: they find more wood and more iron.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 November 2020, 21:58.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The slow cooker finally yielded up the chicken & barley soup and very nice it is too, accompanied by wholemeal bread

Once again I had a fair bit of veg to use up so I also added more barley than usual. As a result, it's exceedingly thick and needs diluting, which is a Good Thing as it means more portions for the same amount of space in the freezer

Comment

Soup divvied up, yielding six large portions. I could have made seven slightly smaller ones, but I decided to assume that I'll want a filling lunch when I eat them

Comment

This evening's ents was a virtual jury thing over Zoom.

It was actually quite good fun.

Comment

Teatime (late) viewing was Powering Britain - Series 1: Nuclear which appears to be the final one in that series. Interesting stuff

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Apparently this was the first Norwegian disaster movie (and, indeed, the first Scandinavian one) ever made, and it's since been joined by a sequel also based on a true event, concerning an earthquake in Oslo and thus called (in English) The Quake

Both "free" with Prime at the moment, should you fancy some Nordic disaster
                      And this evening's blockbuster was Skjelvet (2018), The Quake in English. That concludes my viewing of Norway's entire output of disaster movies to date, and they're really rather good. Basically they've taken all the standard ingredients of the usual Hollywood disaster movie and used them to make a film in a wholly Nordic style, and as a studio in Norway can now create CGI that's as good as anything a Hollywood studio could come up with, it works really well. In fact, they're better than some Hollywood ones that cost hundreds of millions of dollars more to make

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X