• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's movie mayhem has been Bølgen (2015) (The Wave in English), in which a Norwegian town is at risk of a tsunami if a massive rockslide happens further down the fjord. I don't think I've seen any other Norwegian disaster movies, but it's a decent enough example of the genre
    Apparently this was the first Norwegian disaster movie (and, indeed, the first Scandinavian one) ever made, and it's since been joined by a sequel also based on a true event, concerning an earthquake in Oslo and thus called (in English) The Quake

Both "free" with Prime at the moment, should you fancy some Nordic disaster

Comment

Bells on Sunday
      Something Understood

I can't get no sleep...
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all
        Murky out
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Grey white sky.

Hints of sun.

Cold at 14.7 deg in here.

1025 mBar and 64% RH.

Sunday.

<hiatus>

Sun's out.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 November 2020, 09:11.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just having coffee to help me get my act together for the Zoom call
            Contact with the Antipodes was established

All done now, so I need to find some way of filling the rest of the day

Might have breakfast for a change.

Comment

Might have breakfast for a change.
              Sausages and bacon in buttered sesame bloomer toast; very tasty

Comment

Big walk complete. Christmas present suggestions provided.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sunday morning shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons done, dusted, washed in domestos*, rinsed, drained, dried, and put away.

Lunch, once it's cooked is chicken breast with sausage and bacon, followed by 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Still

Though less so than yesterday.

It's Still Sunny.

*No, not really, it was Fairy Liquid.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Chicken-soup-making has been started in the slow cooker

There was a brief moment of panic when I thought I didn't have any pearl barley in stock. But I was looking for a packet that was either light green or purple, those being two of the colours Sainsbury's use for various different kinds of pulses. Turns out the barley is in an orangey-brown packet. I have no idea what, if anything, these colours denote

Comment

Afternoon all

Surprisingly clear headed. HWMBO made Ugandan Rolexes for brunch. Very tasty.

Bright, dry but overcast out. It's 8 degrees and that's the best the day will muster. Unlikely to rain. Barometer up to 1025 mBar. Average interior humidity is 50%.

HWMBO goes home today

Comment

Working...
                      X