• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a nice, pleasing post number.

(assuming no-one deletes posts)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Only a particular mod would do that.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tea: Tesco nonchunky breaded haddock, more of the not very nice Tesco Granny Smith's apples stewed with custard (at least they're pleasantly edible like that rather than a chore to eat), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Couple of versions of "Comfortably Numb" off dvd, one with the Boom Town rats guy from the film and the other with that space cadet chap from the Spiders of Mars/ The Man who fell to earth.

The remainder of the 2nd commentary on "Octopussy".

The final ep of S2 of Susan Calman's Secret Scotland, more isles apparently.

Harris & Lewis apparently.

Now doing Harris tweed, oddly enough, on Harris.

Next black pudding () and scallops.

Step dancing. :

Callanish stone circle.

Owned* by a drug runner:

James Matheson - Wikipedia

*The entire fecking island, there was a lot of money in selling opium to the Chinese.

The Lewis chessmen.

Uig Chessmen |

Essence of Harris: pongy candles.

Thencely something else that tickles my innerest:

"Madame Curie (1943)" with Greer Garson and Walter Pidgeon.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 November 2020, 20:54.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

My phone is being very annoying. Several times in the past two days I've noticed that it shows as connected to the internet but actually isn't. No warnings about wifi with limited connectivity, for example. If I turn wifi off to use mobile data, it's the same. A network reset doesn't fix it. I have to restart the phone each time. Any searches all make the assumption it's a wifi connection problem that requires a router restart and other noddy activities.

The number of app updates that come down also make it hard to tell if one of those is the problem. It's not like you can roll back an update easily.

Comment

By the way, the recycling bins were done in the end, but this week it was the crew that leaves them on the side road blocking the gate rather than bringing them back in as nature (and the council) intended. So I got us a good one, but had to bring other assorted bins in just to be able to get the car out to the road

But what with the trundling and the shopping, the watch gave me a chunk of credit for exercise, so a comparatively short walk in the occasional drizzle has been enough to get the green ring closed

Comment

The shoulder of lamb has been dissected, and the bones thereof are pressure cooking in the InstantPot™ with assorted pieces of vegetable matter, the diced meat lurking in the fridge for now. Once this initial stock-making phase is complete, the veg will be blitzed, the meat and chunky chopped spuds added, probably more pepper even though there's loads in there already, and at the end of the second cooking I shall have lamb scouse for tea

Comment

Ah, but which potatoes? That is the question. The ones from Ayrshire make such excellent chips that I'm loath to use them in a stew. I bought another bag today which are from Fife; as they are an unknown quantity when it comes to chipmaking, I think I'll use some of them.

As to why a Sainsbury's store in Leicester hardly ever has Maris Pipers grown anywhere but Scotland, who knows?

The other big Sainsbury's, across the city, hasn't had Scottish ones on the few occasions I've been there. Theirs tend to come from East Anglia, as one might expect in the East Midlands.

Comment

During and for a month prior to our late firebreak I couldn't legally go to Sainsburys in Swansea.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dinner was indeed a veal escalope, wrapped in pancetta. Served with kale cooked in chilli and garlic with roasted squash plus crushed boiled potatoes with olive oil.

We both inhaled it and not because we were half cut from having had three cocktails

Comment

Working...
                      X