• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's now raining. As forecast. Quite enthusiastically it would seem.

In other news, my landlady has agreed to a rent reduction from 31 January with a rent review in 12 months' time. This is exactly what I asked for but the letting agent said it was too complicated to put in place and that they could only do either a 12 month term or an automatic RPI increase in 12 months. Good to see my landlady thinks the same way I do.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

In other news, my landlady has agreed to a rent reduction from 31 January with a rent review in 12 months' time. This is exactly what I asked for but the letting agent said it was too complicated to put in place and that they could only do either a 12 month term or an automatic RPI increase in 12 months. Good to see my landlady thinks the same way I do.

Comment

Rain's stopped, and there are now enough gaps in the clouds that the sun's getting through from time to time

Still only 7°C though

Comment

One unexpected benefit to drying the laundry in front of the living room fire is that it annoys me enough that I put it away as soon as it's dry, unlike in the kitchen where I end up sidling past it for several days because I'm only in there for some unrelated purpose

Comment

I forgot to mention I wanted a 24 month term with a rent review in 12 as I'm a nice person and my landlady is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Sun's out

It's the end of days!

It's ok.

I went for the first walk since The Toe and lo! the heavens opened and a light rain descended upon the just and the unjust, the sun having shone brightly, oh so very brightly, Roy, on the righteous.

There was a nice rainbow too.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Guns out?

Or is that just Mondays?
              Everyday is an oiling day.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Nah Thursdays its other bits.

Happily enough, neither The Toe nor The Leg complained much during the walk, which was good.

In other news the barometer just reached 1030 mBar.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 November 2020, 12:02.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

More likely the agent didn't want to lose their cut of the higher rent.

Good sensible stuff , next year will be a ride, well done.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lunch is a couple of sausages in a wholemeal pitta bread.

Comment

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons multiseed bread, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Sun's out again.

CBS visible through the gap in the curtains.

Who'd have thunk?

Strangelove sis has sold her house in Bath.

Within a week of putting it on.

A bidding war ensued and it went for £21k more than asking.

All this virus stuff has reminded me of this:

"Seven Days" The Cure (TV Episode 2000) - IMDb

Doomed I tell ye, doomed!
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 November 2020, 13:04.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon.

Sun's now out with a high of 12 degrees. Tonight's low is 0 (or simply cold).

Shopping delivered and put away.

Need to have lunch.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X