• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon.

Managed to get out and use the lawn mower before the sky turned grey.

A nice drying breeze out so the grass was dry for once.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth and wholemeal bread. Very tasty, and spot on for a dismal grey damp day

And I think I should now have enough room in the freezer for the lamb stew that will soon be taking over; for I have a whole shoulder of lamb to roast, and a good-sized one too

Comment

With all the stuff HWMBO has bought / is planning to cook, I need to eat up what's in the freezer to make room

It may be pie for lunch

Comment

Lunch: poached tomato (as in cooked in the microwave) with scrambled egg (ditto to get that luscious leathery effect) on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust, thick, not cooked in the microwave), bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons multigrain bread (doesn't keep as well as the wholemeal sunflower and spelt), red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The wireless has been whittering on about gas boilers being banned as of 2022 in new build.

So I looked at the cost of ground source heatpumps.

£15k!

Stone me.

And it won't get particularly hot even then.

The airsource ones are cheaper but suffer the disadvantage of not working below about 20 deg F/-6 deg C, so, in other words, when you want the heat most it doesn't fecking work and falls back to being an electric fire.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Recycling taken out to th bin 10 minutes before the rain came through.

Baked potato for lunch.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

The wireless has been whittering on about gas boilers being banned as of 2022 in new build.

So I looked at the cost of ground source heatpumps.

£15k!

Stone me.

And it won't get particularly hot even then.

The airsource ones are cheaper but suffer the disadvantage of not working below about 20 deg F/-6 deg C, so, in other words, when you want the heat most it doesn't fecking work and falls back to being an electric fire.
              I lodged in a place with a heat pump. Due to it being a new build with insulation all it meant was the heating was not switched on. The summer wasn't very hot so I don't know how hot it would have been in the building above 25 degrees.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Walk walked; briskly at times, not so briskly at others, but all adding up to: green ring closed

Comment

Another afternoon of potching, this one spent in the loft clearing out the crap resulting from ripping the slates and battens off.

Much cleaner now.

Also removed the redundant header tank for the central heating now that it's a combi.

Filled the hole for the overflow by the usual method of clambering out of the bedroom window onto the scaffolding.

Once it's dried I'll put a dab of paint on it to seal it from the weather.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Another afternoon of potching, this one spent in the loft clearing out the crap resulting from ripping the slates and battens off.

Much cleaner now.

Also removed the redundant header tank for the central heating now that it's a combi.

Filled the hole for the overflow by the usual method of clambering out of the bedroom window onto the scaffolding.

Once it's dried I'll put a dab of paint on it to seal it from the weather.

Dare I say it, you might come to miss that scaffolding when it gets taken away

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It may be pie for lunch
                      And pie was indeed had for lunch, if 3 pm can be considered lunchtime.

I have asked HWMBO to make dinner a little later this evening

Comment

Working...
                      X