• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    And before that I watched the third episode of the Surgeons thing, about a double lung transplant and some dicey neurosurgery, both of which achieved happier endings.

It's been a good series, very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      FFS

You rush to your phone and it's an automated scam call pretending to be from HMRC.

Like HMRC would call you before 9am...
      I received a pre-9 am scam call too! Mine was a robotic voice telling me my Amazon Prime would be renewed automatically if I didn't do some shizzle or other.

My Dad says he gets the Amazon call regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I received a pre-9 am scam call too! Mine was a robotic voice telling me my Amazon Prime would be renewed automatically if I didn't do some shizzle or other.

My Dad says he gets the Amazon call regularly.
        I had that one yesterday as well. Obviously they didn't realise our clocks had gone back
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          FFS

You rush to your phone and it's an automated scam call pretending to be from HMRC.

Like HMRC would call you before 9am...
          I had a call at 07:31.

I never answer the phone since it's always some scumbag trying to scam Strangelove Pater.

It's a bit of a waste of time having the phone really.

Been clearing up crap down the garden around the hard soft standing where I park the car since the garage is full.

All being well, once I've finished pillocking about I'll get someone to dig it out to a foot deep, lay hardcore, and put a concrete hard standing there so I can extend the garage to take yet more junk.

The foot is complaining a lot today.

It's been a good series, very interesting.
          No comparison with a good big sebaceous cyst though.

Dr Pimple Popper’s Biggest Cyst Ever: “The Standing World Record!” | Dr. Pimple Popper - YouTube

And with that it gets darker & darker until we have a flash of lightning and a clap of thunder.

Other sorts of clap are readily available.

Thankfully the chimney removal was completed before the Last Trump sounded and the rain, hail & murrain of beasts commenced.

In other news, yesterday's bonfire duly consumed everything I'd put on it.

I may put the ashes on the compost heap once it's stopped raining, hailing, and murrain of beasting.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 October 2020, 10:47.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Turns out I need to write a wordpress plugin for the very simple task I need to perform and spend $60 for the plugin that does the other half of what I need it to do.

Ho hum..,
            Last edited by eek; 28 October 2020, 11:18.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              I really don't get why people leave such things for a long time. I know he was told by a doctor that it should be left alone but if it's causing problems and pain then it's not supposed to be there and something should be done about it.

Comment

This really is the only thread worth following.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Turns out I need to write a wordpress plugin for the very simple task I need to perform and spend $60 for the plugin that does the other half of what I need it to do.

Ho hum..,
                  Also if you saw how the dependencies on this website now you would laugh. For the directory of members it goes

Cloudflare -> Reverse Proxy > Wordpress > azure function

and every bit apart from the reverse proxy has caching (the reverse proxy really just handles ssl).
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Pleasing page number.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

In other news, during the rain, hail, and murrain of beasts, I'd left the gardening gloves on the wall and the gardening shoes outside the back door.

Now drying in the breeze from the dehumidifier in the salting house.

Doh!

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambed egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (thick crust), bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I really don't get why people leave such things for a long time. I know he was told by a doctor that it should be left alone but if it's causing problems and pain then it's not supposed to be there and something should be done about it.
                      It's septicland.

A lot of the Dr Pimplepopper patients probably can't afford doctor's bills.

Then again, getting that sort of stuff done in this country seems not to be an NHS funded thing judging by the Harley Street dermatologists on the telly.

The funniest one was the "Skin" prog from BBC3 where a chap with a lump on his forehead had a GA for something that other doctors would have done under local.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 October 2020, 12:36.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X