• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not by my choice.

Anyway, TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Things are very different in Coimbra. Granted, the rules have changed and become stricter today.

We had the tapas meal and wine. All good. Had an extra glass of wine, no issue. Our meal had been cleared away for some time before we asked for another glass each. This then resulted in a minor chiding from the waiter as technically the wine should be served with food after 8pm. We said, "but we have had a meal, this is a post meal drink, does every beverage have to have food with it?". He poured but continued to state that an enforcement officer could challenge our interpretation of the rules and fine us €10k.

In Porto, in a wine bar, we were advised that if anyone asks we should say we have just finished a meal and are now finishing the wine.

In Lisbon, a bowl of crisps or olives was more than sufficient and only brought out when the the police drove past.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        House viewing didn't happen earlier.

Tidied the place for no reason.

House viewing happening now. S6 EP14

Dinner was sausages from the butcher and baked tatties. mmmm
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Oh gawd, what's BR14 done this time?

lets hope nothing too serious. I got banned for upsetting El-Reeker.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's viewing started with the latest episode of Ambulance on iPlayer during and after dinner.

And then the excellent Pine Barrens (TV Episode 2001), being S3E11 of The Sopranos, in which Paulie and Chris get lost in the woods while attempting to bump off a former Spetsnaz chap.

Bin day tomorrow! And then I've got to bring them back in

Goodnight all

Comment

It's Friday, I'm in Love...
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all

I appear to have upset NATTT again.
                I just get fed up with people like LondonPM coming back and doing the same tedious twaddle under a different ID.
                ho hum
                TF it's Friday.

Comment

Morning all

Comment

TFIF, etc.

Comment

Blue skies earlier, but a bit of high level cloud blowing in now.

Comment

Working...
                      X