• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    I think FFS sums it up nicely. End of yet another contract, possible new one, possible permie grind. No clear plan for how I'm going to get the family through the future.

Can't shake a feeling of dread and impending doom for a few weeks now. Not quite at the point of noose round my neck as I was a while back but not too far from it.
    Lot of it about, I think. These are stressful times

But it'll almost certainly all turn out all right in the end; it usually does

Comment

Going to try a hot bath, shave, hot bath and bed. Tomorrow the greyness starts again.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        A pali

But giving yourself a banana is uncouth so you also get a

Comment

I think FFS sums it up nicely. End of yet another contract, possible new one, possible permie grind. No clear plan for how I'm going to get the family through the future.

Can't shake a feeling of dread and impending doom for a few weeks now. Not quite at the point of noose round my neck as I was a while back but not too far from it.

Comment

HWMBO found us a fab dinner spot. More food than we could eat and a bottle of wine for €28. Bargain! It was delicious too.

I then found us a very nice 1920's styled cocktail bar tucked away down a residential area via a route that passed not only a Roman aqueduct but also some very fine street art.

My new favourite cocktail is a caiprão which is like a caiprinha but has licor Berião in it instead of cachaça

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Sadly, with these things, the dancing is the price you have to pay for the pleasure of seeing hapless Catholics martyred
              Well it does start off with three hapless Protestants being burned at the stake courtesy of Bloody Mary.

Given the choice I think I'd prefer the axe.

Turns out there is "Elizabeth II", though rather disappointingly it's "Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007)" of which I've heard nothing.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

That was quick. Agency have another role starting ASAP. Fingers crossed...

I hope its better than £25 an hour inside IR35 some agent sent to me today, still laughing.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Did you notice who the poster asking the question was?

Spot the issue?

Yeah you used big words you may have confused him!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    I hope its better than £25 an hour inside IR35 some agent sent to me today, still laughing.
                    Gisajob, I could do that.

Gowon, gisajob.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Lot of it about, I think. These are stressful times

But it'll almost certainly all turn out all right in the end; it usually does
                      WNFS.

Always darkest before the dawn.

FFS. Getting a bit sick of the grind of life. Considering doing what 16 year old me wanted to do and signing up to go to sea. Not too old for it yet.
                      I rather fancied being a ship's radio officer.

But I don't think there are any these days.

Plus I don't like the sea and I get seasick.

Other than that, it was a perfect match.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 October 2020, 22:44.

Comment

Working...
                      X