• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was some left overs from the dinner we had a couple of days ago. Yummy it was.

Comment

Lunch, in the end, was a roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal)

Off to the pharmacy shortly. Still sunny out

Comment

Lessons for life: never underestimate the simple joy of a new pen refill.

*bins scratchy-bastard that's been annoying me for weeks*
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Dejeuner was entrecôte, frites et salade. Of course, it was washed down with un pression and un demi vin rosé. Fromage blanc, pignons et miel for dessert.

I could get very used to this life, but hey-ho home we go tomorrow...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Walking to the chemist's and back via a convoluted route to collect the monthly prescription done, green ring closed

I managed to work out a route mainly via quiet back roads that took in most of the slight upwards gradients that pass for hills around here, including one small road that I don't believe I've ever been on before

Comment

The chemist's, unusually, was busy. Recently I've turned up and been first or second in the queue, but this time there were about half-a-dozen people waiting, socially distanced across the health centre car park. Quite took me back to the days of spring

Furthermore, we're no longer expected to wait outside talking through a slightly opened window; they let us inside, though no more than three at a time with masks. And I didn't have to handle the diseased pen of doom to tick the "prepayment certificate" box, as they jealously guard it behind their Perspex screen and do that for you

Comment

One for Nick on Monday When you browse Instagram and find former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott's passport number
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Cheers, it's already on the list

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    I may put up some more shelves in the garage this afternoon in a no doubt futile attempt to organise stuff betterer.

Gallon in a pint pot springs to mind.
                    Four more shelves erected.

The gallon, once again, failed to fit in the pint pot.

Knackered now.

Failed to find the biscuit tin of assorted plastic plugs and screws, so the Lidl(tm) versions were pressed into use.

Tea (once I've got the energy to make it): Tesco chunky breaded haddock, stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The recycling bins were finally emptied this week, so I was able to pick out a good one for us

The general waste bins weren't emptied, or not all of them. No idea why some seem to have been (and left out on the pavement rather than brought back in as they should be) while others have just been left.

Comment

Working...
                      X