• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was une pression, accompanied by steak haché (grilled burger patty, but more than that...), frites and a salad Nicoise...

Dinner was un cornet avec noix figues et pistache. Rosé only drinkable south of the Alpes Maritime.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

can't abide rose wine. neither one or the other.
      each to his* own.
      as for apple, won't have an apple product in the house, or outside. feckin nazis.
      i don't buy into 'lifestyles', i'll style my own life, ta.

*other genders are available.

Comment

HWMBO has made me a Mai Tai. It's delicious.

Comment

As predicted, watch stuff plus iPad stuff plus subscription services stuff. New phones are next month - well, rumoured to be.

Comment

A light dinner of a fishfinger sarnie, with HP sauce and a nice chablis, for a change.
            ents: probably more MURDUR in the village of the damned*

*with a nod to john wyndham

Comment

Watching Food Unwrapped all about store cupboard ingredients: lentils, anchovies, Marmite, peanut butter, etc.

Oh and HWMBO has just dished up dinner. Chicken and something or other.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Might have some blackberry, apple and almond flan in a bit too

Comment

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the seemingly endless 2nd dvd of Alien.

I found the deleted scenes eventually which added another 20 minutes or so.

Skipped the photos since I'd had more than enough by then.

Next: Skin: BBC1 22:45, Skin: BBC1: 23:05.

General, Specifically, seems even viler today than it is normally.

If any day, Specifically In General, might be termed "normal".
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 September 2020, 08:54.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Turns out the chicken and something or other is properly known as "chicken and chicory", a Nigel Slater recipe.

It was very scrummy. I was going to save some to have for lunch tomorrow but failed.

In watching Ep.10 of University Challenge, I am left wondering if Jeremy Paxman's red rimmed eyes are due to age or weed.

Comment

The useless PM (UK based contractor) organised a call this evening to see how go live was going (the first call he’s had since before go live)
                      He didn’t show up on it. He starts work at noon, UK time “because he’s busy with the US team”, then doesn’t show up at an 8.30pm call because he finishes at 7.30pm.
                      He puts in 10 hours on his timesheet per day, claims to be in meetings, but not with anyone that works for the company.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X