• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Just remembered I have 8 days to properly watch the first of that Africa series. I did watch the first 5 or so minutes yesterday and it reminded me of one of the documentaries I've watched on YouTube on Africa from another well-regarded English speaking broadcaster from abroad.

Anyway I made a curry in the slow cooker earlier and forgot that the sauce doesn't evaporate. It was nice though.
    Do! It's good. Episodes 1 and 2 are on a short expiry.

Noticed it's a repeat of an old series but that doesn't make it any less insightful.

Comment

Nice tea of lamb stew, with a couple of bits of white bread

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Do! It's good. Episodes 1 and 2 are on a short expiry.

Noticed it's a repeat of an old series but that doesn't make it any less insightful.
        Is that the BBC one? The iPlayer website is currently saying all episodes are available for three months

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Is that the BBC one? The iPlayer website is currently saying all episodes are available for three months
          This one: BBC iPlayer - Africas Great Civilisations

Comment

Haven’t treated myself to anything musical for a while.
            Thinking I might get one of these:
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Ah, different one - I was thinking of the wildlife one from the other year

Comment

Oooh they're pretty.

I upset my Dad the other weekend re guitar playing (I can't play but then neither can he). His guitar tutor sends him little practise videos over Skype and he played one to me. Five mins later I was playing the little sequence. Not very well, admittedly, as I've not picked up a guitar since school. He'd been trying on and off for several days but kept getting it wrong.

Bad daughter.

Never had an issue with picking up a tune by ear but I can only do one note at a time. Chords are way beyond me.

Comment

Rip off Britain...

Found a lovely hotel in Montpellier. Suite, Aircon etc at old city walls. We asked for the best/largest room available. Parking on-site too. €85 all in...

Dinner, including 2 X 500ml Rosé and 2 beers €38.50 no service charge.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Tonight's viewing started with the Diagnostic Detectives thing during and after dining, followed by more of The Sopranos: S2E6 The Happy Wanderer (TV Episode 2000) and S2E7 D-Girl (TV Episode 2000).

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dry but overcast. Reasonably bright. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 22 later, low chance of rain. Barometer remains steady at 1022 mBar.

First coffee has been made.

Slept heavily and still a bit tired. New tenants upstairs like doing their washing up at midnight and seem a bit clumsy judging by the banging and bashing noises.

Comment

Working...
                      X