• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite Simpsonesque out now. The temperature peaked at 24°C earlier

Only yesterday I was thinking the time was almost here for switching to thicker, woolier socks, but looking at the forecast it'll possibly be up to 26° next week, so I might have to wait a while longer.

Comment

An interesting read for some of our parish...

From Pong to Civilization: How I made “one more turn” work on consoles | Ars Technica

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Cheers, a good read

Comment

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: just wondering if I should watch the cassettes of H2G2 to wipe away the memory of that foul septic version.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: just wondering if I should watch the cassettes of H2G2 to wipe away the memory of that foul septic version.
            I've got a DVD of H2G2.
            the real one, of course, not the Septic Sh1te one.

Comment

Or listen to the Radio version?

Comment

Everything Eek Twin B wants to take to university is in the front room. Mrs Eek has been insistent that I have nothing to do with loading the car.

Mrs Eek is now asking me to load said items from the front room to the car
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Dinner has been steak and ale pie (sainsburys, frozen), chips and peas (auntie and the cap'n).
                  with some red wine.

ents, farscape S2E5 for starters.

I think i'm getting a bit too old for work.
                  trouble is, i still enjoy it, and it keeps my brain occupied.
                  oh, and it's only us oldies left wot can do it, despite IBM's so-called 'academies'.

Comment

Just remembered I have 8 days to properly watch the first of that Africa series. I did watch the first 5 or so minutes yesterday and it reminded me of one of the documentaries I've watched on YouTube on Africa from another well-regarded English speaking broadcaster from abroad.

Anyway I made a curry in the slow cooker earlier and forgot that the sauce doesn't evaporate. It was nice though.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      First problem: find a working VHS player. .

Two down, 3rd one works.

I'm word perfect on it and the cassette doesn't have inter ep breaks.

Watched it until the appearance of Marvin.

Now watching "Deception (2000)" with that Ben Affleck chap and Gary Sinese, Charliz Theron, and Danny Trejo.

Apparently AKA "Reindeer Games(2000)".
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X