• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Ooooer, CaerFilthy has its very own lockdown.

Duw duw, there's tidy then.

In other news, there was someone on the news waffling on about some place in Septicland that's currently at 35 deg C dropping to 3 deg C and snow overnight.

That'll wake 'em up a bit.

Aha! I didn't dream it:

Denver weather: Chances looking up for snow coming down on Tuesday
    And according to a weather app screenshot someone in Colorado posted on Twitter earlier, it'll go back up to somewhere around 35°C by the end of the week

Comment

I watched S2E5 of The Sopranos in the end, Big Girls Don't Cry (TV Episode 2000).

The road works seem to be continuing. I think they must have temporary lights up there too, and a bloke briefly appeared over the road rooting around down one of those big rectangular manholes, by the carpet shop. No idea if that's telecoms or power, but either way, it hasn't affected me so far as I'm aware

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.
        Dark.
        Grey.
        Tuesday.

Comment

Morning all
          Overcast but dry out. Will take a small bag and mushroom knife out on the walk.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning

Traffic seems to back to normal now the schools are back.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh that's not a bug 33300 odd is pages, dang

Comment

Originally posted by founder View Post
                Oh that's not a bug 33300 odd is pages, dang
                And you have to read it all first

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Om?
                  Om
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all.

Dull and overcast today. Currently 17 degrees and dry, forecast high of 23 with a potential for the sun to poke its nose out for a brief stint. Unlikely to rain. Barometer steady at 1022 mBar.

First coffee inhaled.

Projects being juggled about at work, looks like one of mine will be given to a potential new recruit (hurray!) and I'll get given two smaller projects that sound way more interesting to replace it.

There was something else I felt the need to share but I've forgotten it.

Comment

Tempted to change my icon...

Unfortunately, some foreigners (from London) were out early this morning, I saw them as I was going out on the walk. Two of them in their 60s (at a guess) carrying a fairly full backpack along a track that comes from one of the best mushroom patches.
                      I got to the patch and it had been savaged. lots of discarded mushroom pieces, and signs that they had just been torn out of the ground rather than cut off. Tearing breaks the roots, damaging the fungus and making it more difficult for it to produce more mushrooms this year.

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X