• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still flipping scratching.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      If you have anything weird and can't get a proper diagnosis you should go on this program.
      I saw it last week, but later in the week on iPlayer

Comment

Tea has been ribs and chips

Comment

Have been tinkering with the new tellybox. Some aspects are a bit annoying but I probably won't use them much.

Testing the streaming from my NAS. Most of my 'acquired' viewing is in MKV format and it's a bit hit and miss whether the TV can process it. I did discover that A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night (2014) - IMDb plays just fine and I'm trying to decide whether to stay up and watch it or come back to it tomorrow.

Comment

I'm feeling very lazy. I think I'll leave the dinner washing up until the morning.

Comment

Om?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Dinner was more Nepalese left overs. The gift that keeps on giving. I was disappointed by the aubergine dish which was too greasy for me and not a flavour/texture combo that I enjoyed. Shame as aubergine is one of my favourite veggies.
                You want to be careful with aubergines.

4. The Aubergine That Ate Rangoon - YouTube

Entertainment: "Freedomland (2006)" with that Samuel L. Jackson mother****er, and Julianne Moore.

It was ok in its way.

Once one had figured out wtf was going on, like.

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Watching "The Diagnosis Detectives" and the US man's skin condition is making me itch and scratch.
                Bugger. Had a feeling I'd forgotten sommat.

I'll record it tomorrow.

Now watching Ken Burns "The War" on PBS.

It's about Anzio.

Hasn't mentioned Eric Fletcher Waters though.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 September 2020, 21:41.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Traffic backing up outside. It appears the inside lane is closed by roadworks a few houses up.

Trying to decide whether to watch something or read something

Comment

Ooooer, CaerFilthy has its very own lockdown.

Duw duw, there's tidy then.

In other news, there was someone on the news waffling on about some place in Septicland that's currently at 35 deg C dropping to 3 deg C and snow overnight.

That'll wake 'em up a bit.

Aha! I didn't dream it:

Denver weather: Chances looking up for snow coming down on Tuesday

On Monday night, however, a Canadian cold front is primed to crash Colorado’s heat party, and a 74th day of 90-degree heat would be out of the question Tuesday.

Tuesday’s high temperature in Denver is forecast to be a measly 44 degrees.

The lowest recorded high temperature for Denver on Sept. 8 is 42 degrees.

The low temperature in Denver on Tuesday is forecast to be in the mid- to low 30s. The record low for Sept. 8 in Denver is 31 degrees, set in 1962.

On Tuesday, Denver may see some snow. The earliest snowfall recorded in the city was on Sept. 3, 1961, according to the weather service. On that day, 4.2 inches of snow was recorded.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 September 2020, 22:18.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

3.2kg of porcini gathered on the evening stroll, would have been more but for the size of the bag.
                      Some went into a risotto, the rest are in a dehydrator.

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X