• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: Ginsters Moroccan Vegan pasty, several bramble jelly sandwiches on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, ham and mustard sandwich on same, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oak Island nutjobs on Blaze.

Can't find another Tom Hanks dvd, so it'll have to be sommat else.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Greta packed for the drive to Villefranche. Early doors to Chunnel. A drive to Pegasus Bridge and respect to the Normandy beaches. Peg it down to the Med.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Family done.

Went to a beer garden.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          The big hotel ( is it the mitre?) On the river is currently closed.

Outside at Mada Deli was a nice place to kill time while there a fortnight ago.
          The Mitre has reopened. It was being well attended at its tables along the river.

Ended up having a cuppa at Henry's.

Comment

Lunch was delicious. Went to Mezzet and stuffed our faces.

GWR cancelled my train so I was faced with an hour to wait for the next one or fork out for a cab 5 mins up the road to Surbiton. Opted for the latter and it cost me £15!!

Now watching TdF highlights

Comment

Just remembered I meant to do the mundane laundry so, a little later than usual, it's on

Just a "time saver" wash, as I did the mustiness-buster last time so I should be able to get away with that for a few weeks now

Comment

Dinner, in a brief burst of culinary madness, and stuff that Needs To Be Eaten, has been.........

Stovies.

and very nice too.
                with the usual nice Rioja.

F1 highlights.

used ferrari anyone?
                one, not so careful, owner.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  Dinner, in a brief burst of culinary madness, and stuff that Needs To Be Eaten, has been.........

Stovies.

and very nice too.
                  with the usual nice Rioja.

F1 highlights.

used ferrari anyone?
                  one, not so careful, owner.
                  There were a fair few Ferraris at Hampton Court today. Some car show or other was going on. These ones had been dumped in the public car park in the 'pre-1990's' overflow. A lovely TR4, TR6, a couple of Ferraris, classic Roller, AC Cobra. Very nice to see.

Comment

Now catching up on 24 hours in A&E on C4.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Entertainment: Oak Island nutjobs on Blaze.

Can't find another Tom Hanks dvd, so it'll have to be sommat else.
                      The aforementioned nutjobs are on from 20:00 to 22:55.

The first hour is a leadin to S7.

The Tom Hanks dvd turned out to be "Sully (2016)" as directed by that Clinton Eastwood geezer.

<hiatus>

Well the first hour of that was a waste of time.

2nd hour: the start of S7.

Lots of waffling on about their recently deceased nutjob friend who was 95.

Investigating the swamp coz the seismics last year showed an anomaly.

At Isaac Point:

Gary's just found the brass part of a shotgun shell.

And sommat else, but we don't find out what until after the adverts.

Feck me, it's a button, a bobby dazzler according to Gary.

Possibly a 1650 to 1750 silver button.

Next Gary finds a spike at Isaac's Point.

They thinnk it's nautical, but the blacksmith they show it to says it's handpoint, which is some sort of stone mason's chisel.

The button cleans up a bit but is still corroded. Silver on copper, 1720 to 1776ish.

They put a diver into the swamp, using a probe they located some sort of wall/road.

Brought in a 40 feet x 20 feet barge with a drilling rig to take core samples.

Of which, as ever, more next week.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 September 2020, 21:50.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X