• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have ordered Nepalese for dinner this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      HWMBO and I had a wonderful Indonesian meal when we were in Amsterdam for a weekend. Lovely little family run place called Tujuh Maret.
      in 12 years, i visited Amsterdam a handful of times.
      too many english feckwit tourists.*
      the Hague is much more civilised.

*Present company excepted, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        in 12 years, i visited Amsterdam a handful of times.
        too many english feckwit tourists.*
        the Hague is much more civilised.

*Present company excepted, of course.
        I don't disagree. It was full of them when we were there. We managed to avoid them for the most part.

Comment

Decided that ents will be Absentia (TV Series 2017– ) - IMDb happened upon it and thought it looked interesting albeit potentially formulaic.

Starts well with a woman being punched in the face a couple of times before being locked in a box that was then filled with water.

Comment

Freecell socre: 100% (of 4, quit whilst ahead), running average 83%.

Tea: Tesco chunky battered cod. stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Making of "The Road to Perdition".

"The Road to Perdition" director's commentary (with subtitles enabled so the dialogue appears too).

"Hidden Wales" which this week was about caves, the one near Port Eynon on the Gower, Dan Yr Ogof (not the public bit but the miles of stuff you have to be insane to explore), the Chartists' cave above Dowlais.

All inneresting enough.

Now "Spying on Hitler's Army" on PBS, being a BBC Channel 4 programme about bugging the buggery out of captured German & Nazi Generals.

Feck me, we did some clever stuff back in the day.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 September 2020, 20:49. Reason: 4 not BBC.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Springtime for Hitler, in Germany...

My ancestors were grateful for the Winter of his Discontent.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Lots of "native German speakers" were employed during the bugging operation, so they were getting their own back just a very very little.

Grim stuff & no mistake.

They've just found out about the bomb attempt on dear old Adolph's life and seem quite disappointed that it failed.

After the end of the unpleasantness, all the transcribed stuff was declared top secret & none of it was used in the war trials.

Due to the cold war, quite a few of the inmates achieved positions of some importance in the 50s.

Odd that.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 September 2020, 20:51.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lovely tea of ribeye steak, fried onions, chips, and beans

Comment

I too greatly enjoyed the Indonesian food in Amsterdam

The first time we (me + Dutch not-then-ex-GF) were there was during the Gay Games, which had brought an additional influx of equal size to the population of the city plus the usual number of tourists for that time of year; in other words, the city was twice as crowded as it normally is. Great atmosphere though, and all kinds of fun stuff going on. We saw Bjorn Again playing in Dam Square one evening, as we just happened on their free gig on our way to a nearby bar

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I too greatly enjoyed the Indonesian food in Amsterdam

The first time we (me + Dutch not-then-ex-GF) were there was during the Gay Games, which had brought an additional influx of equal size to the population of the city plus the usual number of tourists for that time of year; in other words, the city was twice as crowded as it normally is. Great atmosphere though, and all kinds of fun stuff going on. We saw Bjorn Again playing in Dam Square one evening, as we just happened on their free gig on our way to a nearby bar
                      Ooh, Sailor...! [emoji129]
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X