• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning

Now nice and sunny. Was raining when I woke up.

Suppose to be raining now...mmm
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sun coming out here too

This is about the time the rain was supposed to be starting

Comment

The scheduled rain is now at 1pm
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Afternoon all
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Smoking session today.

Fishmonger managed to get some haddock in specially for me, they're a tad smaller than the usual fish, but can't complain.

Mentioned to some neighbours who are from Blighty that he'd got some in and they bought up the rest of his stock. They've just dropped it off.

Just salted the haddock, need to let it cure for an hour or so and then dry to form a pellicule. Then I can smoke it

In the meantime smoking some cheese (leerdammer and oude meijse), beetroot, aubergine and almonds.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

New recipe up on t'website if anyone fancies some light reading.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Smalls out of the TD and airing upstairs.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons into the WM.

Off out for a walk since it's sunny.

<hiatus for the usual walk>

Shirts out of the TD if only to stop the fecker beeping incessantly.

Shirts ironed roughly.

Shirts now airing upstairs.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast (crust), red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

During said walk it was noted that it attempted to put me off by spotting with rain, but I ignored it and it went away.

The small river of water descending the hill has gone away since the culvert can cope with the normal level of runoff from the fields.

The swarm of bees has been removed from the tree, presumably by the beekeeper.

The leat from the res is much calmer today and is no longer overtopping its banks.

And finally: the kids are back in skool on Monday.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 August 2020, 11:31.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch of home made soda bread and boiled eggs.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Was going to make fish pie for tea today but think it will wait until Sunday. If I smoke the haddock today it needs a day or two for the flavour to settle.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X