• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not generated sufficient detritus to warrant trundling today. Will be availing of the Tuesday collection instead.

Comment

I think I'll watch a film

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Not generated sufficient detritus to warrant trundling today. Will be availing of the Tuesday collection instead.
        Lots of the neighbouring houses seem to have decided to do the same, though without the option of a Tuesday collection. Some weeks the bin staging area is absolutely crammed by the time I trundle ours out, but this week there were hardly any out there

Comment

I was wondering how DrS is getting on with Freecell but I'm afraid to ask...
          Best not to ask.

Freecell: 78%.

No matter how hard I played it stuck at 78%.

couldn't get it higher despite playing 100 games.

Ho hum.

That's fecked the running average.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I think I'll watch a film
            And so I did, or at least rewatch: In Order of Disappearance (2014), though called Kraftidioten in its native language, originally recommended by WTFH a couple of years ago, for which much thanks - an excellent film, all the better for being (mostly) in Norwegian

I partly rewatched it because it's so good, but it also occurred to me that I have the recent English (well, American) remake starring Liam Neeson in the queue (though it's more of a milling crowd than a queue), so it made sense to reacquaint myself with the original before watching that, which I may get around to doing soon

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Dry as in no current precipitation.

Blue sky in parts.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Colder at 19.4 deg in here.

Friday.

Smalls out of the WM into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

When will this endless joy terminate?

Just askin' like.

Barometer: 998 mBar.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 August 2020, 07:54.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull, damp, grey and that's just me! (Well, I'm not damp). Currently 14 degrees, forecast high of 18 later. Thunderstorms due this afternoon, and rain. Barometer down to 1000 mBar.

First coffee has been inhaled. Second will be coming once I've posted this.

Road is being ethusiastically dug up so that's going to make for a nice, relaxing day. I may consider looking for some office space next week if that level of noise is going to continue until the 7th.

Comment

Ugh. I have ear ache! In the ear I put my headset, so I suspect that's the culprit.

<headset inspecting pause>

All cleaned off with alcohol spray. As I took the ear insert off, the rubber ring on it fell apart so I decided instead to throw the insert away and fit a new one.

Need to take a tip from the NF book and check it more often

<further tinkering pause>

Decided to try using the headset on my left ear for a change! I really struggled to get it in place even though it's just the opposite way round to normal.
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 28 August 2020, 08:24.

Comment

Morning denizens

Woken around eight by the sound of heavy rain

Went back to sleep

There are showers passing through occasionally, and it's very grey out

14°C without, 19° within.

Comment

Ugh. I have ear ache! In the ear I put my headset, so I suspect that's the culprit.

<headset inspecting pause>

All cleaned off with alcohol spray. As I took the ear insert off, the rubber ring on it fell apart so I decided instead to throw the insert away and fit a new one.

Need to take a tip from the NF book and check it more often

<further tinkering pause>

Decided to try using the headset on my left ear for a change! I really struggled to get it in place even though it's just the opposite way round to normal.
                      Lots of right-ear-problems around at the moment, it seems

Comment

Working...
                      X