• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Entertainment (continued (continued)):

"Ghosts of the Deep" on More4. Some nonsense about the Black Sea where they are looking for ancient shipwrecks.

They're pulling up amphora for no readily stated reason.

They've modified the rov by adding a toilet plunger to grip the amphora.

Amazingly it worked.

Now they've found a Roman shipwreck from the 1st century (allegedly).

Not so much "you will be exterminated" as "you will be excavated"?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Not so much "you will be exterminated" as "you will be excavated"?
      More sucked up off the bottom of the sea.

Walk walked during which it rained briefly.

The res is full and it's fairly obvious that the leat has overtopped the banks in places.

The pavement up the road is bulging up, I think there's a blocked drain, shall have to notify the council before it gets any worse.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

For lunch today, chicken, tomato and lentil soup with both kinds of bread. Very tasty

Brightening up a little out there now and the wind is easing off

Comment

Mutton Masala Dosa - first meal out in 7 months. Sat outside in the (fumes) sun on Burlington Road....
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Smalls washed and hung up.

Went for a walk. Lovely day, warm, sunny, breeze not too onerous. Dry!

Left knee still hurts.

Comment

On return home, I heard Jeremy Vine on R2 baiting people with the question "should you take a government discount on a meal if you don't need the money".

Comment

Afternoon.

I popped into Ikea. I got their 17 minutes after it opened. They had reduced the parking by closing part of the car park off and by putting shipping containers in the car park to sell outdoor furniture. The shipping containers were empty.

Got random bits that they refuse to sell to you online and triple/quadruple the price online from other places. As I was leaving the car park was nearly full.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ikea is the third different shop I've been into since March.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Cancelled my walk up to the stationery shop and closed the Royal Mail browser tab after managing, to my astonishment, to find an envelope and a stamp in the flat, both in the places where I expected them to be and therefore assumed they wouldn't

Comment

Equally amazed that the Firefox ballpoint pen I originally picked up at a conference several years ago worked first time too

Comment

Working...
                      X