• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soupmaking is happening

In the InstantPot™ as it's a bit late to start making it in the slow cooker

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Entertainment: TBD.
      "Chato's Land" 1971 with that nice Charles Bronson and directed & produced by the even nicer Michael Winner.

Followed by "Red Dwarf the first 3 million years" on Dave which has that obnoxious untalented unfunny dork Nish Kumar defiling it.

I'm thowing bread rolls at the telly every time he appears.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Soup's cooked, but I decided to let it reduce for a while, as I accidentally added a bit too much water at one point in the process

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Loony lady 1 walk today. She keeps bossing me to buy a camper van. Nice to go away with but don't want it blocking up me drive the rest of the time.

Chatty lady neighbour up the road brought me some lemon drizzle cake again. Trying to resist eating third chunk!
          Third chunk? is that what you call it you kinky beast!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            I'm doomed.

Just had a visitor.

In the house.

Doomed, I tell ye doomed.

It was raining so I couldn't lock her out.

Fava beans required?

Comment

The soup turned out exceedingly nice. Chicken, tomato and lentil, but instead of a zingy one, this time I tried adding a load of what Sainsbury's calls Italian-style herbs, and it worked really well

I did chuck a bit of cayenne in there too, so it was still slightly zingy; just enough to give it a bit of an edge

Comment

Chato has Landed.

Odd to think of a coal miner of Lithuanian extraction playing an Apache Native American but there you go.

He was in tip top physical condition for his age.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I’ve just forced The Wife (tm) to sit through my edit for Yesterday (film being shown in one of the local villages tomorrow night)
                  She made some valid comments, but I’ve also discovered that the village isn’t quite ready.

Anyway, TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    I’ve just forced The Wife (tm) to sit through my edit for Yesterday (film being shown in one of the local villages tomorrow night)
                    She made some valid comments, but I’ve also discovered that the village isn’t quite ready.

Anyway, TFBSZ
                    yeah Sting and WTFH in their posing pouches, the world is never ready!
                    Last edited by vetran; 21 August 2020, 08:30.

Comment

Tonight's viewing was Prof. Lipscomb exposing the dangers of the Tudor home; quite an interesting one, I thought, particularly the stuff about the hazards of that new-fangled invention, the chimney

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X