• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Chilly.

Blue sky verging on simpsonsesque.

20 deg in here.

1015mBar.

I've now found out what happens when you freeze skimmed milk: nothing good, I'm about to find out if it's usable or not once you've shaken it up to unseparate it.

Feeling a bit odd, maybe I slept heavily, I was certainly dreaming a lot, thankfully not about education this time.

Monday.

Telex machine is shining oh so very brightly.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 August 2020, 08:21.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's a lot less Simpsonsesque out there now.

Very cloudy.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

I like numbers

Comment

This post number is pleasing to me - a double Dusty Bin.

Comment

Walk walked.

Quite fresh out there and it didn't rain on me.

The insects weren't particularly bothersome.

It's still cloudy.

<hiatus>

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg (proper leathery) on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (thickest crust ever, about quarter of the loaf, red corner yog, bramble jelly sandwich on last week's Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I might pick up some more apples later on.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 August 2020, 11:55.

Comment

Lunch has been chicken & barley soup, with the usual bits of bread

Clouds are getting bigger outside, though still maintaining their white fluffy form for now.

Comment

No exercise bicycling today: instead, the green ring has been closed by a brisk 1.65 mile walk around the… neighbourhood? district? area? Anyway, it did the trick

And, more importantly, the halfway point included a pause to supplicate at the door of the barbers, where I was rewarded with an appointment for a trim on Thursday at 3pm

Not many seem to have signed up so far, and almost none further ahead than today and tomorrow, so I could have had my pick of dates and times really. But that's the same day and about the same time I usually end up there

She said they're doing appointments just for the first week or so until things settle down "so we don't have everybody queuing round the neighbourhood"

More generally, I decided within the first few minutes of walking up the road that I much preferred it back when I was hunting lentils around the end of March, and there was virtually no traffic and only about three other people out there

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      More generally, I decided within the first few minutes of walking up the road that I much preferred it back when I was hunting lentils around the end of March, and there was virtually no traffic and only about three other people out there
                      I'm sure there's a possibility of some Klingon Opera detailing the Great Lentil Hunt of Lockdown.

Tea: more of yesterday's roast shoulder of lamb (), orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 80%, running average 83%.

Lucky I haven't got a cat or it would have got booted.

Comment

Working...
                      X