• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch has been Heinz tomato soup, with wholemeal bread

Still very blustery here, and the rain has just returned with a vengeance

Comment

Windy here (outside, not inside) and raining with some enthusiasm every now and then.

Lunch has been some left over bulgar wheat risotto.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Windy here (outside, not inside) and raining with some enthusiasm every now and then.

Damn I wish it would rain some enthusiasm over me occasionally!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Still a bit gloomy here, but the rain seems to have stopped for now

Comment

Lovely and sunny here, now it's too late to go for a walk.

Tea: the rest of yesterday's roast chicken, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Discovered what was causing the stink in the salting house: a rotten potato, much to my joy, it was fecking foul.

And the thermostat is fecked on the fridge which is why everything is freezing solid.

I shall have to design something to fix it.

Entertainment:

HSB S6 E1: "Blues in the Night " wherein we see night shift.

HSB S6 E2: "Hacked to Pieces " wherein two people are offed.

HSB S6 E3: "Seoul on Ice" wherein a search for culprits continues.

Roswell: New Mexico S2 E13 "Mr. Jones" and that's it until they make some more.

HSB S6 E4: "In the Belly of the Bus " wherein Belker travels to Springfield in the luggage compartment of a bus and the murder gets avenged.

Now watching "Building Star Trek" on Smithsonian.

It's not exactly inneresting.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 July 2020, 21:15.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea has been the last of the M&S non-chunky breaded haddock, with chips and beans. Made a nice change

Comment

I'm a convert to the Tesco version.

And their peas & sweetcorn.

M&S shouldn't have pissed me off with their dull queuing sysstem.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  I'm a convert to the Tesco version.

And their peas & sweetcorn.

M&S shouldn't have pissed me off with their dull queuing sysstem.
                  There's a big Tesco just up the road from me but I hardly ever go there. Maybe I'll give them a try sometime

Comment

The fish is half the price of the M&S which is accounted for by it being half the size.

I find it quite adequate, being a cheapskate.

Just watched the ISS pass overhead (not exactly overhead but you get my drift).

I thought I'd celebrate being able to see the stars for the first time in days.

The caps lock on this fecking chromebook is really irritating.

Comment

Another screen-free night reading more of Alas, Babylon. There's a number of mentions of CONELRAD, with which I wasn't previously familiar but which was clearly such a well-know thing in the USA of 1959 that he never even explains what it is, taking it for granted that the reader will recognise the name

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X