• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Overcast and dull. Currently 17 degrees with a forecast high of 24 with risk of sun poking through the clouds and low chance of rain. Barometer risen to 1016 mBar.

I had a better night's sleep depsite being woken up shortly before 3am by a suspicious noise. After a moment of "WTF was that?", I got up and investigated the wardrobe. I have some spare bedding still in their packaging on a shelf and I must have dislodged it when getting some pillows out and that had fallen down.

Second coffee being drunk. First meeting (with Quality and Testing teams) in progress.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out again; currently 16°C, forecast to hit 21° later

Comment

19.6 deg in here with 1019 mBar on the barometer.

Feeling somewhat dischuffed this morning.

Must be the weather and that oik putting stones on my grandparents' grave seems to have upset me.

Since the polite message had no effect maybe "Yo, mother****er, do this again and I'll cut your fecking head off" will work better.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast out there, but a pleasant walk earlier.
          Delivery of paint due to shortly, and a delivery of wine due in time for dinner.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            19.6 deg in here with 1019 mBar on the barometer.

Feeling somewhat dischuffed this morning.

Must be the weather and that oik putting stones on my grandparents' grave seems to have upset me.

Since the polite message had no effect maybe "Yo, mother****er, do this again and I'll cut your fecking head off" will work better.
            I don't understand why people do stuff like that. Is it just your family graves being meddled with, or are they doing the same to several?

I'd look for a spot to discreetly place one of those battery powered wildlife cameras to try and catch the perps.

Comment

VMUG London today.

Non-billable. Looking forward to vBeers at the end...
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all

Grey, cool, breezy.

Started the day with 10 minutes of lunacy from Dog. Ate her breakfast then spent 10 minutes hareing around the house and in and out of the back garden as fast as she could with much grunting and barking.

Now back in her bed under my desk fast asleep again and snoring loudly.

Meeting with client manager at 10. Subject "Confidential Discussion"

Given that client co. have just announced thousands of redundancies and a major hit to sales and revenue due to Covid, I think we can guess where this one is going.

Still, it's been a good run. With a bit of luck I might get to see out the term of this contract.
                Last edited by DaveB; 16 July 2020, 08:31. Reason: Lunacy, not Lunch.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Meeting with client manager at 10. Subject "Confidential Discussion"

Given that client co. have just announced thousands of redundancies and a major hit to sales and revenue due to Covid, I think we can guess where this one is going.

Still, it's been a good run. With a bit of luck I might get to see out the term of this contract.
                  Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I don't understand why people do stuff like that. Is it just your family graves being meddled with, or are they doing the same to several?

I'd look for a spot to discreetly place one of those battery powered wildlife cameras to try and catch the perps.
                    Two that I've noticed, my grandparents' and another grave about 20 feet away.

Most odd.

Bearing in mind that this is a churchyard cemetery unlike the one where my parents reside which is council.

Since it's a churchyard there's no maintenance.

I noticed that an oak tree had fallen over during the recent gales.

Worst of all is the encroaching japanese knotweed infestation.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 July 2020, 08:26.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

It's a weird one. Could it be a relative? Some branch of the family you've lost touch with?

Comment

Working...
                      X