• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Lunch was Morrison's Veteran pie which seemed appropriate. After getting over their inability to spell my username I bit in. Apparently a veteran pie is one of their steak & ale pies with less meat and more veg in it.

Not terrible but I will walk past them to their Steak & Ale pie in future.
    i just walk past morrisons, period.

Comment

Hasn't made it above 15°C here today

Still, soon be winter, and then we'll be glad to get that

Comment

HWMBO will be coming to visit next week

It'll be good to have a butler doing my bidding again.

That and getting my freezer restocked.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          HWMBO will be coming to visit next week

That and getting my freezer restocked.
          that's a new name for it

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            i just walk past morrisons, period.

Their steak & ale pies are quite nice, their Toffee milkshake is awesome and their deli is quite good.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Their steak & ale pies are quite nice, their Toffee milkshake is awesome and their deli is quite good.
              And aside from all of that their bargains are remarkably bargainaceous, much more so than that Tesco.

Tea: the last of Sunday's roast meh beef with carrots & onions (I was a bit generous with the pepper and the hot smoked paprika, leading to and cleared sinuses), orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Now wondering where I've hidden various tools from myself. .

I have to remove the remaining paint from the porch and the options are angle grinder and sanding disks (very dusty and possibly poisonous if the paint is leaded) or paint stripper (toxic & unpleasant).
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Took a walk to Sainsbury's after clocking off. Lone Wolf gin is on offer there, ya see.

Came over a bit light headed and hungry whilst there so scoffed half a mini baguette with cheese when I got home and now I'm not hungry enough to have a proper dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  And aside from all of that their bargains are remarkably bargainaceous, much more so than that Tesco.

Tea: the last of Sunday's roast meh beef with carrots & onions (I was a bit generous with the pepper and the hot smoked paprika, leading to and cleared sinuses), orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Now wondering where I've hidden various tools from myself. .

I have to remove the remaining paint from the porch and the options are angle grinder and sanding disks (very dusty and possibly poisonous if the paint is leaded) or paint stripper (toxic & unpleasant).
                  ooh! Nicely snuck in there with your century.

Comment

dinner was 4 duck spring rolls, and a generous helping of tiramisu.
                    very well balanced.
                    and more Rioja.
                    HSB is getting on my tits.
                    its like eastenders with a seasoning of police work FFS.
                    that bloody neurotic woman, and the fact that any feckwit can just wander into and around a cop shop unchallenged.?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      ooh! Nicely snuck in there with your century.

Didn't even notice, but thanks all the same.

Entertainment: HSB S3 E8: "Requiem for a Hairbag" the one with Domminique Dunne who didn't live long enough to see it air.

Now: Roswell: New Mexico S1 E13 "Recovering the Satellites".

In other observations, I was pleased to see Sid the Snitch appear in HSB for the first time a couple of episodes ago.

Then: HSB S3 E9: "A Hair of the Dog " wherein the Governor's Wife's dawg gets kidnapped.

Now: "The Medusa Touch" on Talking Pictures, being the filmic version of the Peter Van Greenaway novel.

It's one of Mr Burton's later epics where the booze had taken its toll.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 July 2020, 21:09.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X