• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Phone line fixed.

BB fixed.

NTL mastersocket removed.

Ancient cables to unused phone sockets removed.

New BT box on the outside, new BT master socket on the inside.

Might get around to painting the inside of the porch if the fancy takes me.

Which it probably won't.

Might paint the skirting board that had its paint stripped by the leak in the central heating about 3 years ago.

No rush, like.

This seems much faster.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg (nearly leathery) on Morrisons multiseed toast (crust), pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Anyway, thought I'd see how you CUK loonies are doing. Too low and tired recently to be bothered with anything. Anyone got a spare brain?

<- manly, socially distanced. no s
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 July 2020, 11:29.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch was a bacon butty, 3 rashers, brown roll, HP sauce.
      and 40cl of earl grey.
      it's rather wet out there.
      cozy in my office though

Comment

I was sweating like the proverbial pig earlier, though it's only recently reached the dizzy heights of 20 deg.

Comment

Lunch has been sausages and bacon sandwiched in buttered wholemeal toast

Still drizzly here

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            I was sweating like the proverbial pig earlier, though it's only recently reached the dizzy heights of 20 deg.
            It gets hot in Cobalt Thorium G storerooms

Comment

Lunch was the rest of the tomato soup and some crisps and an orange.

Rain seems to have stopped at some point as the ground has mostly dried out.

Comment

Lunch was Morrison's Veteran pie which seemed appropriate. After getting over their inability to spell my username I bit in. Apparently a veteran pie is one of their steak & ale pies with less meat and more veg in it.

Not terrible but I will walk past them to their Steak & Ale pie in future.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

..........and it's

Beer O'Clock!

happy humpday people

Comment

Mmmf - Lunch was Snake 'n Kill-me, plus a cuppa Strong English Breakfast tea, and a slice of "Cricket-Cake" (Madeira, in this case).

Visit to Costco resulted in purchasing a tray of their consumer Sushi, which will be the supper tonight.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      It gets hot in Cobalt Thorium G storerooms
                      Indeed.

Glow in the dark hot.

Another trip to Wilko to buy some masonary paint and a blackout blind for the bedroom since the curtains aren't cutting the mustard at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X