• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sainsburys delivery received.
    Glenmorangie at £12 off!
    i got two.

*other stuff was purchased too.

Comment

Tea: Tesco chunky battered cod, orange segements and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Nice enough.

Made all the tastier by the blonde bozo waffling on in his inimitable way while I was consuming it.

Entertainment: HSB S2 E15: "Some Like It Hot-Wired" wherein the good sergeant gets his motor nicked.

Roswell: New Mexico S1 E10: "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing".

It doesn't specify what the missing Thing is, but I suppose I'll find out.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 July 2020, 17:07.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Helicopter bimbling about outside

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
          No?

Comment

It's been quite pleasant out today. Not that I went there.

There was some hint of dark grey to some clouds but nothing has materialised so far. A quick check of the forecast says rain from 8pm.

Lunch was a cheese and ham toasty. That was had around 3 or 4 pm I think.

I am a bit peckish but I have a zoom catch up call with a friend in 45 minutes so I'm not sure I can be bothered to rouse myself to cook and eat in that time.

Towels, both bath and kitchen, and the bath mat have been washed and hung in the usual manner.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Helicopter bimbling about outside
              bimbling? helicopter?
              that's probably the last thing i'd have said a helicopter does.
              bimble.
              is this a developer thang?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                bimbling? helicopter?
                bimble.
                Making an effing nuisance of a racket is generally what they do.

Although when I lived Blackheath/Greenwich way for a while I did like it when the odd pair of Chinooks came over.

Comment

they're even noisier inside, trust me.
                  especially chinooks.
                  dinner was a M&S pepperoni pizza, avec Rioja.
                  ents is now Vera
                  friday night, i should be gigging FFS

i'll be too fecked by the time we can start again.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    bimbling? helicopter?
                    bimble.
                    Well, the police one tends to turn up and dither about some spot for a bit, then shift somewhere else and dither about there, rather than proceeding briskly from A to B. I think it's because my flat faces the general direction of the river/canal and various open areas and bits of wilderness around there. Whenever someone's gone missing from home and the police suspect they might be thinking of topping themselves, which is one of the main reasons they get the helicopter out, that's one of the areas they check first, and it's very noticeable from here.

If it's a car chase, they usually go a lot faster and soon shift round the back, away in the direction of a couple of the dodgier council estates

Comment

Finally got something working that's been a right pain to deal with

There's still a special case I haven't quite narrowed down, but that's only affecting a few hundred of several million records, and might not even matter for what I'm doing

The towel wash is long done and draped over the clotheshorse, giving me something to sidle around as I'm trying to sort out dinner

Comment

Working...
                      X