• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been chicken cacciatore and chips. And lunch, which I was too busy to record due to too many meetings, was pâté on seedy bloomer toast

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I usually gave file rude names. Had to rename them before I sent to anyone else.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

How did he run a test in a system that's switched off?
    He was interfacing files onto the server (which still exists), using software which was supposed to be decommissioned a year ago, and the files are now waiting to be processed by other software that is decommissioned.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    No walkies yet as was pouring with rain so been messing about trying to convert a mobile screenshot of path walked on an OS map into a track to show on my Bing mappy thing. Almost works but for some reason, although track starts and ends at correct points, the curvature is wrong, can't figure out why. I know the Earth ain't flat but over a very small area x,y should convert to longitude,latitude by simple ratios. Can't figure what I'm doing wrong. Grump.

Looking better outside now so maybe walkies a bit later.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Email chain conversation (with lots of people on it) about a critical piece of testing...

Him: We have processed files, can the other team check that they are OK

Me: Can you tell me the file names you processed, or better yet copy the files into this email, so we have the record to validate the test

Him: The filenames are ACK_*.xml , INV_*.xml

There's about 5,000 files that are in the format ACK_*.xml , and he doesn't know what he's done.
    But with about 30 seconds of digging, he's run a test in part of a system that was switched off 15 months ago.
    How did he run a test in a system that's switched off?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Email chain conversation (with lots of people on it) about a critical piece of testing...

Him: We have processed files, can the other team check that they are OK

Me: Can you tell me the file names you processed, or better yet copy the files into this email, so we have the record to validate the test

Him: The filenames are ACK_*.xml , INV_*.xml

There's about 5,000 files that are in the format ACK_*.xml , and he doesn't know what he's done.
    But with about 30 seconds of digging, he's run a test in part of a system that was switched off 15 months ago.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Much rain. Accompanied by the delicate distant sound of thunder

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Lunch was a porchetta and tomato multi-seed roll.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Gardner done. I'm very happy with the result.

Needs a revisit in a few months' time when the hedges have recovered from the shock of being cut back so much.
    LM's lady garden is now trimmed & presentable?
    Last edited by vetran; Today, 15:13.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Gardener done. I'm very happy with the result.

Needs a revisit in a few months' time when the hedges have recovered from the shock of being cut back so much.
    Last edited by ladymuck; Today, 11:40. Reason: speling

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It seems everyone round here gets excited when a gardener turns up. Many people asking what else he's doing today as the previous tenant let the front and back gardens run riot.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Damp.

No current precipitation.

Grey.

Overcast.

Sunless.

Cooler in here at 22.3 deg.

1008 mBar, 29.76622 in Hg, 756.06 Torr, 14.619 psi, (up from 1006 last night), 68% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

Discovered another rotten apple from Tesco, which went well with the blue orange yesterday, though with a more distasteful result when it disintegrated when I picked it up.

Meanwhile back in December 2nd 2018 I was irritated by, presumably, the latest episode of Doctor Who, NF was consuming chicken drumsticks, and xogg cheered us up with some streetview oddities.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Despite the clemency of the weather, the trip back was still generating a good sweat.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about rents, landlords, taxation, and skool uniforms.

There was someone on the other day saying her son had been given detention because he "had the wrong sort of overcoat".

WTF? Little fecking hitlers the lot of 'em.

^^^ The detention thing just got a mention.

Oh, they're updating the thing about the scamming bastards registering bogus companies here there & everywhere due to the lack of any checking by Companies House & Infernal Revenue.

It's getting better & better. The incompetence of all of this is breathtaking.

Freecell score: 93%, running average 85% (84.8 something%).

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM with that irritating woman with the very poor delivery standing in for the other chap.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E8 1957 T Bird with the 312 cu in V8, the Ford-o-matic transmission, the Ford-o-Steer (I made that up) power steering, with the Ford-o-Windup electric windows, and the Ford-o-Dial-a-seat seat adjuster, plus the Ford-o-Mandraulic Soft top.

Inneresting enough if you like ancient powersteering valves and the like. . I'd never have thought that bad seals on the powersteering valve could blow fluid out of the top of the res.

Apparently the original fluid was made from whale oil. .

Alias S4 E17 "

Alias S4 E18 "

Something else if I get bored with alias.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 18:07.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Overcast, cool & humid out, but cool enough that we went for a decent walk.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Overcast and quite dull start to the day. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 22 and a nice breeze. Risk of rain has moved to later this morning with potential for thunderstorms mid-afternoon. Barometer up to 1010 mBar.

Gardener is here doing the hedge trimming.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X