• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all. There was some rain overnight / early hours.

Barometer is now down to 1008 mBar. Change is definitely coming. Currently 22 degrees, forecast is 28 by midday. It's going to be muggy and sticky today. More rain expected overnight.

Today is a planned 'doing' day until 1330 after which time there are meetings. The one that's potentially the most tedious is that with my pensions adviser who needs a full hour to tell me not very much. At least I no longer have to go to his office in Aldgate, making it overall a two hour + experience.

Comment

I have just discovered that one of my favourite books as a kid, Rumble Fish by S.E. Hinton, was made into a film in 1983!

I will have to find it and see if it's any good. I have a copy of the book, it's a very slim tome aimed at the young reader market.

Comment

And, yes, as I'm sure you can all tell, I'm starting my 'doing' day by procrastinating.

Comment

Morning all

Breakfast - usual

Lunch - Fish and Chips and Mushy Peas

Weather - cloudy but warm, 21 degrees, T-Storms maybe later, 994 hPa decreasing

Sleep - better than previous night thanks to Dyson cool fan, setting number 1, was cool all night
          Married

Comment

Horrible night. Sweating like Fred West watching Groundforce.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Well done. An epic amount of drivelling.

Did you stay up to / get up at that hour especially?

why thank you.

I was actually adding led strips to the stairs, was soldering everything up but it was too hot so I waited till later in the evening, I finished about that time and tidied up the tools, looked at the pc and here we are.

Cat1 is not impressed with disco lights on his stairway to heaven or at least to Miss V3's bedroom.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning all

22.4 deg in here, 20 deg in the salting house, rather less outside.

All windows open allowing some of the enclosed heat to dissipate.

Drizzling.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dank.

Damp.

Dreary.

Friday.

Smalls out of the WM & in the TD.

No pegging out today.

Shirts in the WM, out at about 10:30ish.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sort of dappled cloud outside leading to the sun coming and going a lot. Up to 21°C out there now, 25° in the bedroom, 26° in the living room

Comment

Morning all

Hot one here after the thunderstorms through the night (which had a certain dog standing on my head and dribbling for most of it)
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No exercise bicycling planned today, as I need to pop along to the pharmacy for this month's prescription so I'll get some walking in instead

Just checked Google Translate and can confirm that the Chinese for "penguin", "企鹅", means "business goose"

And I've popped out the back to make sure that the big gate is open against the Coming of the People of the Bins; it is.

Busy day!

Comment

Working...
                      X