• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endless drizzle here.

The trees seem to be enjoying it, they must be gasping following the drought.

Spent the afternoon faffing about in what used to be "the office".

It's a bit tidier.

I wonder if there's a demand* for Blue Thunder Z80 cards any more (it's an ISA card with a Z80 on it that can, with suitable software, emulate an Intel Blue Box and run the Intel tools).

Didn't find the adjust screw for the rear sight that I was looking for.

Made up some leads, banana plug to croc clip.

You can never have too many of those.

Tea: since it's Saturday: spag bol, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TBD but Timeless S2 E1 is pencilled in at some time in the evening.

No Sapphire and Steel this evening, that continues on Monday at 23:00.

*There's one on ebay that someone found in a XT.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 June 2020, 17:25.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Thunder, no lightening, lots and lots of rain.

Comment

Evening all

Todays shenanigans have involved fitting some new TT bars to the TT bike and digging a pond.

The former was a nice easy job the latter somewhat more strenuous and conducted in bursts between the downpours and necessitated a trip to B&Q to buy a pickaxe to break up the rock hard soil and shift the builders rubble buried a foot or so down.

Mostly done now, liner in, filled and edges trimmed back and hidden under the gravel. Just waiting for Mrs B to decide where she wants the plants putting.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

On account of not having had lunch, an early dinner of pasta and pesto has been inhaled. I made lots so may go back for seconds later.

Comment

I don't often watch a film during the day, but decided as it's the anniversary of D Day I'd have a matinee performance of The Longest Day (1962), which I haven't watched in many a year. It's very good, and at three hours long it had better be

Comment

I keep forgetting that the the National Theatre post up a full play every Thursday on its YouTube channel. They are only there for a week so I've missed loads of good stuff. This week's is Coriolanus with Tom Hiddleston.

EDIT: ooh and Mark Gatiss

Comment

Neighbour came round earlier. Her husband died 9 years ago from the big C.
                Shared a couple of bottles of wine, talked a load of tulip, she mentioned houses being sold in the area. We said nothing.

The Wife (tm) has told me she’s taking next week off work, based on the overtime she’s done and the tulip she’s cleared up that didn’t make the news, so she’s going to be doing painting jobs and tidying jobs. When the upstairs of your house was built in 1858 and downstairs is older, there’s always jobs to be done.
                Will miss this place, but for the right money, I can move on.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Neighbour came round earlier. Her husband died 9 years ago from the big C.
                  Shared a couple of bottles of wine, talked a load of tulip, she mentioned houses being sold in the area. We said nothing.

The Wife (tm) has told me she’s taking next week off work, based on the overtime she’s done and the tulip she’s cleared up that didn’t make the news, so she’s going to be doing painting jobs and tidying jobs. When the upstairs of your house was built in 1858 and downstairs is older, there’s always jobs to be done.
                  Will miss this place, but for the right money, I can move on.
                  Hope The Wife (tm) is ok - taking a week off sounds like a good idea. Something physical and totally non-work related sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Entertainment: TBD but Timeless S2 E1 is pencilled in at some time in the evening.
                    Entertainment (revised): The Beiderbecke Connection, wherein our heroes now have a baby (as conceived during the The Beiderbecke Tapes).

This one is in 4 episodes rather one 2.5 hour lump.

Followed by Timeless S2 E1 "The War to End all Wars" set in September 1918 cloe to the American front lines.

5 minutes of "Starsky & Hutch" S1 E1 which was on some channel or other.

Now watching Miss Peregrin's Home for Peculiar Children.

Which is odd.

<hiatus>

So odd in fact that I'm now watching "Dream Me Up Scotty" on BBC Scotland.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 June 2020, 21:11.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea was from the Chinese, just for a change, and very nice as usual

They had been busy earlier, and were busy last night, but weren't busy at the time I arrived. No speculative rationale for any of these circumstances was offered

Comment

Working...
                      X