• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Much like his sockpuppet then.

Tea: more of yesterday's roast chicken breast (skinless, M&S, BBE a long time ago), orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It must be observed that my flatulence yesterday was beyond reasonable belief and seems to be getting worse.

Entertainment: The Bletchley Park thing on BBC2 at 19:00.

Timeless S1 E3.

Monkman & Seagull's Genius thing at 21:00 on BBC2 (hopefully a bit better than last week).

Nazi Megastructures on More4 at 22:00.

After which collection of joy, it'll be TFBSZ.
    Ah-ha get it now, wasn't there a 'Boing' before it ?
    Married

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Ice cream van tinkling away in the side road over the way. Not sure how the two metre thing works there, unless they’ve got an orang-utan working in it
      They never stopped in Glasgow, definitely were around every few days while I was there. Made me chuckle when I saw a news article saying they were starting to get back to work!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        They never stopped in Glasgow, definitely were around every few days while I was there. Made me chuckle when I saw a news article saying they were starting to get back to work!
        That's the ones that were actually selling ice cream.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Hadn’t realised it was time to sort my dinner out, because it’s still so light outside

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Today I’m going to build a new bird box to replace one that has fallen apart.
            Bird box built. Currently waiting for the varnish to dry, then I shall install it.
            It has an oak roof (made from off cuts from the office desk) and the rest is from an off cut of skirting board and part of an old shelf.
            To stop bigger birds getting in, I’ve fashioned a perspex cover for around the entrance hole.
            Took about 5 hours to make, I’m impressed with my effort, particularly as I had no plans to work off.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Still 18°C out there. Tail-end of a nice sunset out the back is being chased down the horizon by the crescent moon

Comment

19 degrees according to my weather app.

Watched a couple of episodes of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Just the last episode of S5 to go, where Coulson dies and the world is saved.

He's back in S6 as no-one ever truly dies in the MCU.

Comment

Just offed another moth, probably a clothes moth.

Gotcha!

The Battle of the Bulge isn't holding my innerest.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No TV to speak of tonight, due to ongoing right ear issues

Instead, I finished The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes, bringing me to the end of the canonical works (again)

And then I started on No One Would Listen, in which Harry Markopolos explains how he sussed out Bernie Madoff’s Ponzi scheme and reported it to the SEC… who then did nothing with the information, only busting Madoff years later when his own sons reported him

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Cool out, but looks like it's going to heat up nicely. bird box has dried, once the sun comes round a bit more I shall take a photo.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X