• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Croissant and a pain au raisin for breakfast.

Two coffees so far.

Now to do that bloody OU essay

Comment

OK, who on here is feeding BBC news?
      Someone (ahem) on here mentioned this kind of thing over recent days:

Is CPR safe during coronavirus crisis? - BBC News
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Rain’s here. I haven’t even looked out of the window - I can hear it

Comment

Procrastination in full flow. I may have to start cleaning.

WM emptied and items hung up.

Nice and bright out.

Need to take a walk to the post box and send off my Dad's birthday card.

Comment

Its gonna hoof it down, gone very dark overhead
            Married

Comment

Reverted to light drizzle here

Just popped out the back (in the light, and rather cold, drizzle) and got the newish recycling bin

It seems to either have been emptied leaving one small carrier bag behind, or put out when that was all it had in it. The latter seems more likely, as none of the other recycling bins seem to have been emptied yet

Maybe no-one was up in time to open the gate, or maybe they’re running late this week. The timings do seem to have changed quite a bit since *makes sweeping gesture indicating the state of the nation* all this started.

Comment

I looked out the window to see what the weather was doing and noticed that much cloud was obscuring the sky, as forecast. I decided to get out and post my Dad's card.

Pleasant enough walk, warm. Cloud cover increasing and turning greyer as I walked past the little shops.

Offie - open, no customers
                Pharmacy - open, one customer left as I walked past
                Convenience store - open, no customers
                Dry cleaners - open, no customers
                'Interiors' tat shop - closed
                Grocers - open, a queue of 5 customers (very small shop, max two customers inside at a time)
                Butchers - open, one customer, no queue
                Hairdressers - closed
                Seafood restaurant (other side of the road) - reopened as a deli, queue of about 5 people (will have to check that out properly another day as their food was fantastic)
                Italian deli - open, one customer.

I decided to go into the deli (max two customers at a time) to pick up something for lunch just as it started to rain. While waiting for my panini to toast, a woman and her three kids plus an old italian lady all came in. The old italian lady chatted to the chap behind the counter and, I guess, decided to come back later as she soon left. The woman and her kids had no concept of distancing and I kept having to shuffle around to avoid her super spreading germ laden offspring. I was practically half out the door by the time my order was ready. The chap behind the counter was not happy.

Rain increased on my walk home but still only a shower, albeit with big droplets.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  *makes sweeping gesture indicating the state of the nation*
                  N.B. Other nations are available, though in much the same state.

Comment

Rain's here, cottons in the WM, shirts out of the TD, smalls off line & into the TD to finish off.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), corner yogurt thing, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Just given away to her next door but one an electric log splitter that's been in the shed for years & is no use to me since I don't have a chimney.

She also asked if the 4 foot dish antenna I bought nearly 40 years ago was suitable for a fire pit.

I said no.

I paid £25 for that.

It was intended to be part of a weather satellite (Meteosat) reception project that got as far as buying a totally unsuitable dish and ended there since I couldn't figure out at the time how to make a computer display system for a reasonable price.

IIRC it was the days of the 4416 dynamic ram.

Today's book is "The Cryotron Files" by Iain Dey & Douglas Buck, being the tale of an electrical engineer who was working on low temperature (Liquid He) integrated circuits.

In 1959!
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 May 2020, 14:12.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been Scotch broth, with the usual bits of bread. Just the thing for a grey, rainy day: warming and nourishing and looking a bit like mud

Though over on the kitchen side the sun is coming out, so it’s a good job I got it finished before it turns back into a nice day

Comment

Working...
                      X