• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Yesterday's excitement: took off shirt to go to bed.

Emptied shirt pocket of watch, bat phone, and one thumb drive.

Oooops. Where's the other one gone?

The one with all the personal stuff on it like insurance documents etc.

Puts clothes back on & wanders around in the dark with a torch: no sign indoors, what about outdoors?

Looked on next door's front path where pruning roses was discussed: nope.

Where else might it have dropped out (hoping it wasn't in Tesco or Morrisons )?

Ah.

Taking the solar chargers off the car in the afternoon: let's go & look.

And voila! there it was, and I'd managed not to drive over it when I came back from shopping.

So then I went to bed & slept the sleep of the weirdo who dreams about jobs he'll never have and people who were his boss 45 years ago.

Very odd.
    <getting ready for some verbal backlash>

If you saved them to the Cloud it wouldn't have been a problem
    Married

Comment

Looks to see if NF is online.
      Looks to check it is Monday
      Looks to see if it's almost midday.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Busy day in the office?

Comment

Odd thing, this hayfever business.

You'd have thunk that yesterday, being all fine & sunny, would be worse than today which is grey and heavy.

Naturally enough, it's the other way round.

Now listening to "Delicate Sound of Thunder" from an alarmingly long time ago, 1988.

Currently playing "Another Brick in the Wall Part II".
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Busy day in the office?

Go live.
            Business project manager hasn't turned up.
            Half the users don't have access to the system
            The security team have secured the project team out of key bits of the system.

Meanwhile my wife is on a conference call with people who like to shout and not listen.
            Something about a new DNAR form coming out that makes things clearer and easier to understand.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Flying visit. I hope you are all well?

I will be back when I feel able. Please keep the drivel flying! One day I will read all the posts I have missed....

Brillo

Hi! Good to see you.

you haven't missed much!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Go live.

Meanwhile my wife is on a conference call with people who like to shout and not listen.
                Something about a new DNAR form coming out that makes things clearer and easier to understand.
                Another day in paradise.

Comment

Go live.

Hey the "User Account Management department" (i.e.security they love posh names ) only half messed up - wow that is better than normal!

I must admit I always used to find someone in the team who could find their elbow (it was a rarity) and make sure they did all of the complicated users for me ,a canadian called JJ in last but one job and a Nandos fanatic at the current place, a few recognition points on the worker recognition tool were a worthwhile cost. If they really did a good job I got my manager to send them a shopping voucher through it.

Don't fancy Mrs WTFH's job, pretty crappy decisions to make, I hope you are making the tea!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Alright, already! A won’t aid the delicate process of curation and compilation

Comment

Working...
                      X