• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Lovely sunny spring morning out there; just around 14°C though due to go up to 18° later, and the lightest of breezes to waft some nice fresh air through the now-opening windows

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      All parties down the chain have ties up their contracts and so I should have a contract within the next day or so.

Had an email from my client contact last night asking if it’s OK if they extend the duration of the project from six to twelve months... fine by me! Given the normal level of slippage that might well see me through 18 months.
      <- subject to contract…

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        So when there’s a comet, and it blows itself to bits, that’s a good omen, right?

ATel #13620: Possible Disintegration of Comet C/2019 Y4 (ATLAS)
        Signs and portents, old chap, by the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes & all that.
        Turns out there’s two of them, one of them from the interstellar medium

Is the Interstellar Comet 2I/Borisov Breaking Up? - Sky & Telescope - Sky & Telescope

Let’s hope whatever’s out in the interstellar medium wasn’t particularly fond of it and likely to get annoyed at our solar system for breaking it

Comment

Just replenished the bird feeders with fatballs and bird seed.

Oddly the bird seed never seems to sprout and make new birds but there you go.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
            Morning BP, MrsBP and BabyBP

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              not stressed, but looking forward to my first PAID* bank holiday weekend.

*without actually w*rking
              swearing! If you carry on like that, you can flounce right off.....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Comment

Just replenished the bird feeders with fatballs and bird seed.

Oddly the bird seed never seems to sprout and make new birds but there you go.
                  you have to spread it anticlockwise in the feeders for that to work.
                  naked.
                  at midnight.
                  on a full moon.

i have it on good authority, guv, honest.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    No long weekend for me. I'm wo*king it (as discussed above )
                    Sorry. I never read posts about w**k. I only care what people have eaten and the contents of their washing machine...

Comment

Wireless turned off because it was irritating me.
                      Get one of those new fangled radio things. Or do you still think they cause smallpox?

Comment

Working...
                      X