• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I forgot to mention it, lunch was a roast pork and apple sauce bap (wholemeal), which I had before going to Halfords

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      How is your leg?
      Sort of leggy, the curious colours have gone, I can walk more or less normally now, though it was complaining a bit yesterday.

Thanks for asking.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        They do keep very well. When I find the ones I like I tend to stock up but I rarely have them last this long.

I have a jar of mincemeat in the fridge so I could make my own
        I've got jars of mincemeat bequeathed by Strangelove Mater from 2014 and earlier.

I've made mince pies using bought in pastry a couple of times but there's a fecking mountain of mince to get through.

Comment

I made my own ultra skinny fries for lunch.

Par boiled, left to dry out, then cooked at 130o, then left on the side until I was hungry and cooked again at 190o. Not perfect but was a fun diversion.

I shall do proper chips next time.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Sort of leggy, the curious colours have gone, I can walk more or less normally now, though it was complaining a bit yesterday.

Thanks for asking.

Comment

Glorious weather in northern Mamucium. Police on the street earlier; turns out nothing too exciting, just someone leaving their handbrake off on their Mini and it rolling to a comfortable stop 25 yards from our front gates. It mounted the pavement (fnar fnar) and looks like it decided to stop just before it nudged the neighbour's garden wall.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I made my own ultra skinny fries for lunch.

Par boiled, left to dry out, then cooked at 130o, then left on the side until I was hungry and cooked again at 190o. Not perfect but was a fun diversion.

I shall do proper chips next time.

Comment

Tea: more of yesterday's roast lamb with carrots & onions, orange segments and custard (what with having a gallon & a half of milk), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I think Adolph's show is on Sony Action again, this time about the London Blitz rather than the Midlands Blitz, that programme having finished at 18:00.

I don't think I'll be watching it though.

<hiatus>

Rather I shall watch "The Last Vampyre" or as ACD entitled it "The Sussex Vampire" wherein we just had a reference to The Giant Ratte of Sumatra.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 April 2020, 18:10.

Comment

After a full morning's YouTubing, I sent the kids out around the block on their bikes. They returned home after spotting the filth out patrolling. This lockdown experience should at least set them up nicely if they get recruited for County Lines duties

Comment

Tea was some of HWMBO's guinea fowl tagine from the freezer stash.

Now watching Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019) - IMDb which is apparently a bit saucy. Well, it is French...

Comment

Working...
                      X