• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Dropped the car at Halfords, but they don’t let you wait there now so I walked up to the station and down into town. Most places closed. The market is mostly deserted but for a small cluster of stallholders in the middle, from one of whom I got carrots and onions

Now sat on a bench in a Georgian square off New Walk by the museum and art gallery, waiting for a phone call to tell me the car’s ready - the place is just around the corner from here
    Ooh. Be careful.

Sitting outside is frowned upon these days.

I hope you have something to prove that you have a legitimate reason to be there!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Ooh. Be careful.

Sitting outside is frowned upon these days.

I hope you have something to prove that you have a legitimate reason to be there!
      A PCSO just went by on New Walk, but a shrubbery concealed me on his approach and then he spotted a cyclist and changed course to tell him to dismount, cycling being forbidden along there; so he missed me

Comment

Oh brill!

Just found a small Christmas pudding left over from... Christmas!

Very happy bunny.

Comment

Decided to change my radio option to R2 instead of R6 as usual.

It's not been too bad but I had the misfortunte to switch while the Jeremy Vine show was on and I can't stand him.

Steve Wright's still in his afternoon slot and as I've not heard the show for a while it doesn't seem as repetitive as it can be if you hear it every day.

Does Simon Mayo still do Drive Time?

I shall have to wait and see. Such excitement.

Comment

Decided to change my radio option to R2 instead of R6 as usual.

It's not been too bad but I had the misfortunte to switch while the Jeremy Vine show was on and I can't stand him.

Steve Wright's still in his afternoon slot and as I've not heard the show for a while it doesn't seem as repetitive as it can be if you hear it every day.

Does Simon Mayo still do Drive Time?

I shall have to wait and see. Such excitement.
            Nope Simon Mayo left to be the launch DJ on Scala and it's now Sara Cox.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Nope Simon Mayo left to be the launch DJ on Scala and it's now Sara Cox.
              Oh.

Comment

Just noticed that the clouds have parted a bit and there is blue sky visible!

Allegedly 17 degrees too.

I am considering a stroll to the shop.

Comment

Oh brill!

Just found a small Christmas pudding left over from... Christmas!

Very happy bunny.

Jealous now.

The post walk entertainment has included:

"Adagio for strings" Barber,
                  "Bohemian like you": Dandy Whorhols,
                  "Left outside alone" by Anastacia
                  a track off "Breaking Glass": "Will You", the one with the sax on it,
                  the 2nd CD of "Pulse" again because it's smoother than the "DSOTM" CD and thusly gets played louder.

Now onto the first CD of Pulse which is "Shine On You Crazy Diamond".

Now watching dear old Adolph on Sony Movies Action.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 April 2020, 16:01.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Jealous now.

The post walk entertainment has included:

"Adagio for strings" Barber,
                    "Bohemian like you": Dandy Whorhols,
                    "Left outside alone" by Anastacia
                    a track off "Breaking Glass": "Will You", the one with the sax on it,
                    the 2nd CD of "Pulse" again because it's smoother than the "DSOTM" CD and thusly gets played louder.

Now onto the first CD of Pulse which is "Shine On You Crazy Diamond".

Now watching dear old Adolph on Sony Movies Action.
                    That whole album is brilliant but that's probably the best song on it.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
                      i took tramadol once, room was spinning for about 2 hours
                      That is the typical reaction.

Comment

Working...
                      X